Toxic

Emma's POV
Clay came in the front door. "Bro! I didn't think I would like her at first, but Benny is really growing on me." He said. "Shut up! Tony is in pain" I said. "Why?" Clay asked. "You know how mutants have to get the mutated-rabies shot?" Carter asked. "Yeah. It hurts like a bitch" Clay said. "Well, they ran out of it and Tony needs his next dose. So now he's heaving in pain" Carter said. "He shouldn't be. Not unless he actually has mutated-rabies" Clay said. "Why do you think he's locked in his room? You might wanna sleep in the spare" I said. Clays eyes widened. "Oh no! I gotta get out of here. I refuse to catch mutated-rabies!" Clay said, running out the door. "Carterrrrr!" Tony yelled. It sounded more like a whine. "Yes?" Carter called back. "Can you bring me water?" He yelled. Carter sighed. "As long as you don't try to bite me again" she said. "We really need to get that medicine in" I said. "Yeah. I have Stephanie, Courtney, and Noah trying to find the missing shipment. Oliver and Siren are investigating at the hospital" she said. "Investigating what?" I asked. "Well, we aren't sure whether the shipment didn't arrive or if it was stolen. So while they're at the hospital, the others are on a boat in the middle of the ocean" she said. "Great" I rolled my eyes.

Clays POV
Mutated-rabies is one of my biggest fears. "I thought you were heading back home" Benny said. "I was, but my roommate is sick and I don't wanna catch it" I said. "Oh, well I'm glad. Now we can hang out longer" she said. "Yeah" I smiled. I've been hanging out with Benny for a while now. She's very charming and she doesnt try anything weird. Still, I am very confused if she likes me or not. Girls always confuse me when it comes to that. "So do all the bandits live together?" She asked. I nodded. "There's six rooms. When I say my roommate, I mean the guy I actually share a room with" I said. "That's gross. Not the room sharing, just that your roommate is sick" she said. "He has mutated-rabies. I feel so bad for him" I said. She gagged and I laughed. "How many of you are there?" She asked. "At the moment? Nine" I said. "Wow. I'm guessing the boss gets their own room?" She asked. "Actually no. The boss is rooming with her girlfriend. My friend Siren is the only one with her own room" I said. "Your boss is a lesbian?" She asked weirded out. "Uh... I think she's pan actually. I don't remember" I said. She rolled her eyes. I squinted at her. "Is that a problem?" I asked. She went to speak but was cut off. "Clay!" I heard. We looked over. Siren ran up to me. "Hey. Have you seen Carter? I need to give her Tony's medicine. We found it stashed in the back. They labeled it wrong. Can you believe that?" She said. "Carters not home?" I asked. "No. Emma was home but seemed very paranoid for some reason so I just left her alone. I have to give the medicine to Carter because she doesn't want any of us going near Tony" she said. "Did you call her?" I asked. "She didn't answer" she said. "Weird" I said. "Uh Clay? Whos your girlfriend?" Benny asked. Siren and I looked at her appalled. "Ew! No! I am not his girlfriend. I would not date his scrawny twig ass" Siren said. I glared at her. "Ignoring the rude comment. That's Siren. She's my friend" I said. Benny is clearly not convinced. "Just leave it with me. Ill find her" I said. Siren handed me the small bottle and the syringe. I shoved them in my pocket and she left. "Why are you being weird?" I asked looking back at Benny. She went to speak again but stopped when my phone rang. "Oh come on" I groaned.

"What Emma?" I asked. "Tony escaped" she said. My eyes widened and I tensed. "What?" I said shocked. "Siren came by but I was still in shock from everything. Carter told me to stay here while she tracked him down. Now I cant get ahold of her and I don't know what to do. I thought that maybe since you're part dog that you could sniff him out" she said. "Uh... I can try. Siren gave me his medicine" I said. "Be careful Clay. He's in his fox form and he's gone full animal." She warned. "Ok. Ill handle it" I said. I hung up.

"I'm sorry I gotta go" I said. "You're just gonna leave?" She asked. "Something came up. This is really important. I gotta go now" I said. "What the hell Clay?" She said. "Look. If you're gonna have problems with my friends then I don't wanna be yours. You cannot stop me from doing my job, so either accept it and get out of the way, or fuck off and Ill push past you" I snapped. She was stunned. I transformed into my dog form and sniffed around in the air. I'm trying to find Tony's scent. He's not anywhere around here. I ran off, leaving her there in shock.

I caught his scent and now I'm running as fast as I can to find him. As I got closer, I heard gun shots in the distance. It must be Carter. That would explain why she wasnt answering her phone. It could also be because they're in the woods and the reception out here sucks. I peeked around a tree and saw Tony, as a fox, foaming at the mouth. That must taste awful. He's practically trying to kill Carter who, as I suspected, is shooting at him. She's not exactly aiming for him though. I think she's trying not to hurt him. "Tony, calm down. Its me!" Carter yelled. Tony only growled and slowly paced back and forth. I peeked my head out further and Carters eyes widened seeing me. I quietly changed back to my mutant form and held up the medicine. I poured the small bottle into the syringe. I was gonna throw it to her but she shook her head. Tony pounced at her and she kicked him off. Now he was looking right at me. "Just get it in him! I don't care how it happens!" She yelled. "I have an idea! Here!" I yelled throwing it to her. I turned back to my dog form and pounced at Tony. We tumbled around, scratching, growling, and snapping at each other until I finally managed to pin him down. I stared right into his eyes with a low growl, hoping he wouldn't try anything, but of course he growled right back at me. Carter slowly bent down behind him and quickly injected it into his neck. I jumped off him and as soon as he got up, he fell back down and passed out. His eyes turned purple as they slowly closed. When a mutant actually has mutated-rabies and they get the shot for it, they pass out immediately until its out of their system. "Great. Now I'm gonna need that shot" I said, scratching my ear. Carter laughed as I changed back to my mutant form. She hugged me. I was hesitant but hugged back. "Thank you. I couldn't have done that without you" she said. "I'm glad I could help" I said.