Quick Fix

Clays POV
"Clay?" Hazel asked. "Yeah?" I said. "You've been standing on the dock since Emma left. That was an hour ago" Hazel said. "I'm sorry. I just don't know what to do" I said. "Well hurry up. You can mope later. The guards are kicking out the king!" Hazel said. I turned to her. "What?!" I said. "People are throwing him out for being a fraud" she said. "Well I guess that makes sense." I said. "Yeah. But now we have no ruler, so everyone's gonna start coming to us" she said. "Oh no. That cant happen" I panicked. "Well then come up with a plan fast!" She said. "Uh well... ok. We need to get to the castle fast before some random bitch tries to steal the throne" I said. She nodded. "Bandits. To the castle! Now!" I yelled. We all started running.

People are flooding the castle. Now that the king is gone, the guards don't know what to do and everyone wants us to tell them what to do. We can barely keep them out of the throne room. "Now what?" Oliver asked. "Now. We need to find someone to run this place. Cause we cant do it" I said. "So who will?" Courtney asked. My ears perked up. "What if you do it?" I asked. "What?!" Courtney shrieked. "Everybody knows you and everyone loves you. I'm sure that everyone will agree on you as our queen" I said. "That's a great idea!" Stephanie said. "It is?" Courtney asked. "Courtney, get up here. The rest of you, open the doors. Let the people meet their queen!" I said. Courtney ran up to me. "Are you sure about this? I don't wanna be mobbed" she said. "Courtney, think about it. You're the best person who could ever rule this place" I said. She bit her lip. "Ok" She said nervously. The doors opened and the bandits ran up to us. People flooded in and stopped when they saw us. "This is when I'm gonna miss Sirens super voice" I said. The group chuckled. "Attention people of Teen Island! Our old fraud of a king is gone for good!" I yelled. The people cheered and then an array of questions came up. "Everyone shut up! If you're wondering whos gonna take over then we already have the answer!" I said. They all went silent. We all stepped aside and gestured to Courtney. "Courtney York. The girl who was born on Teen Island!" I announced. Courtney smiled nervously. The crowd stayed silent for a moment but then bursted out in a cheer. I looked at Courtney. "I cant believe that worked" I said. She smiled. "For now. Have you ever seen a teen coronation? I have. Its a lot of hard prep" she said. "Don't worry. You have a whole team to help you.... well... half a team" I said looking at the group. Courtney face palmed herself.

"Hey you" Hazel said coming into my room. "Hi. Give me a second. I'm trying to figure out what all we have to do for Courtney's coronation" I said. "I'm really proud of you for stepping up to help her, but you're the leader now. You need to move into Emma's old room" she said. "No. Not yet" I said. "Clay. Look at me" she said. I looked up at her. "Emma chose you. I didn't get to know her very well, but I know if she chose you, that you must have what it takes. You need to stop being so scared Clay. We all know that you can do this" she said. "But what if I cant? Its only been a day and I'm already freaking out" I said. She put her hand on my shoulder. "That's why we're here to help you" she said. I smiled softly. "Can you help me move my stuff?" I asked. She nodded. "Come on. You look like you could use a break anyway" she said.

I found a photo of Riley and Emma in their room. "You ok?" Hazel asked. "Siren and Emma were my best friends. And to think that when I met them, I didn't think very much of them. Now I... I cant stand to see them gone" I said. She sat on the bed next to me. "Its alright Clay. Stop being sad. We have a coronation to plan" she said. "How did you do it?" I asked looking up at her. "Do what?" She asked. "Not miss all your old friends" I said. "They all left me after Noah and Farrah left. Everyone turned on me actually" she said. "You never did tell me exactly what happened" I said. "Its not something I really wanna talk about" she said. "Oh. Ok" I looked away. She took a deep breath. She stood up in front of me. "What are you doing?" I asked in a panic. She took off her shirt and I looked away immediately as my face grew red. "I'm wearing a bra. Relax. Just look" she said. I slowly turned back to her. She turned around and moved her hair out of the way. I was stunned by the scratches and bruises on her back. "What the hell?" I asked. "Everyone blamed me for Noah and Farrah leaving. So they took it out on me physically" Hazel said turning back to me. I stood up. "I'm so sorry that happened to you. If it makes you feel any better, you still look just as beautiful with your scars" I said. I went to touch her arm but she took a step back. "Something else happened too." She said, making eye contact with me. It took me a moment, but then my ears perked up as I realized what she meant. "Who did that to you?" I asked sternly. "Farrah's father. Its why I haven't been able to talk to her or Noah. Its why I really didn't wanna go to her house that day I came here" she said. "Hazel I would never betray your trust like that" I said. She smiled. "I know. But its gonna take a while for me to let anyone touch me at all. Especially a guy" she said. "That's ok. For now, you need to talk to your brother" I said. She shook her head. "I cant" she said. "Hazel. The only way things will start to get better is if you talk to him. And if not him, then at least Farrah" I said. "No. I definitely cant talk to her. She looks too much like..." she stopped as her breath caught up. "Are you ok?" I asked. She looked down and her breath started getting faster. "Come here. Hazel come here" I said, opening my arms. She hugged me. "Its ok. Just breathe. You're safe now" I said.