Unexpected

Stephanie's POV
Courtney's been gone all day. "Where's the other girl?" Clay asked. "What?" Siren asked, looking at him confused. "We're missing one." Clay said. Siren raised an eyebrow. "Look, I'm a guy. I notice when one of the only girls with notable boobs goes missing" Clay said. Siren slapped him. "Ill go find her" I said. "Hey, be careful. The night market is really sketchy" Oliver said. "You really think Courtney is at the night market?" I asked,  raising an eyebrow. Oliver rolled his eyes. "Ill be back" I said.

Courtney hates the night market. I hate going out at night in general. I know Courtney, and she's definitely not at the night market or the beach. There's only so many zones here. She cant be far. She's not gonna make it easy for me to find her, meaning she wont be on the left side of the island. The right side of the island is mostly Drivers Gully and the Housing. So she must be along one of the beaches. I made my way over to the right side. I really only went on this side to go to my house but now I don't even do that. The teen bandits lair is closer to the center of the island. Walking along the beach, I realized one of the reasons why I hate coming here. There's one more zone back here. Drivers Gully is all fenced off to protect people outside of it. Well, a little far off from that fence, lies Lovers Cove. Its supposedly the most romantic place on the island. Its the smallest zone we have. No way Courtney's in there. Most people avoid that place because we don't actually know what's in it. I turned around and walked down the other side of the beach.

I found her. She's sitting near the shore in a ball. It took me a moment to walk up behind her. "Clay noticed your boobs were gone" I said, with a laugh. She didn't do anything. I sat down next to her. "Are you ok?" I asked. She took a deep breath. "I'm sorry I ran out on you. I wasnt trying to hurt your feelings" she said. "You didn't hurt my feelings. It looks like someone hurt yours though" I said. She shook her head. "They've been hurt for a while." She said. "Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked. She looked down. "I'm alone Stephanie" she said. "What? You know everyone. How can you be alone?" I asked. "No" she looked up at me. "I don't know anyone, but everyone knows me. I'm the mascot of this stupid island" she said. She laid back in the sand. I don't know what to say. I laid down with her. "Why did you say that I don't have crush on you?" I asked. She turned to look at me. "Because I cant have love in my life" she said. "Why?" I asked. "I've only ever loved two people Stephanie. Where are they now?" She asked. I stared at her like an idiot for a minute trying to figure out who she was talking about and then it hit me. "Your parents?" I asked. She looked to the side. "Cant you still call them?" I asked. "I could, but what am I supposed to say. Its not like they check in on me. I don't even know if their numbers are the same, or if they're even together still" she said. "Courtney, we're the same age. I'm not going anywhere" I said. "Aren't you still older than me?" She asked. "Because two months is that much" I said, sarcastically. She smiled lightly. "I'm not gonna leave you Courtney. You're my best friend. I don't care that you're the mascot. I don't care that you were born and raised here. I care about you now. I care about the woman I'm laying next to, right now" I said. As I said that, her face got more and more red, and her eyes widened. "You really are my best friend" she said. I smiled. She scooted into me and wrapped her arm around me. I put my arm around her. "We have to go home Courtney" I said. "Not yet" she said. "Why? Its getting late" I said. "I wanna lay here with you" she said. "And what if I told you, I think I'm laying on a crab right now" I said. She pulled back and shoved me away from her. I laughed and she glared at me. "That was not funny" she said. "Yes it was!" I said, laughing. She came over to me and sat overtop of me. "You're a dork" she said. "I know" I said. She smiled and leaned down to me. She pecked my lips and then immediately got up. "Come on, before they send out Tony, or god forbid Carter, to find us" she said. I'm stunned. "Now look who doesn't want to move" she said, with a laugh. She reached out her hand and I took it. She helped me up. "You're horrible" I said. "Relax, we can cuddle at home" she said. "That's not why you're horrible" I said. "Oh, you can have that when we get home too" she said. "What?! Why are you so confusing?" I asked. She smirked. "Why am I confusing?" She asked innocently. I clenched my fists and then felt a drop of water hit my arm. My eyes widened and I looked up. It started pouring and I closed my eyes. Courtney bursted out laughing. "Look what you did!" She said. "I hate my magic sometimes" I said, looking back at her. She walked up to me and put her hands on either side of my face. "I love it" she said. She leaned in and she kissed me. I kissed back and she pulled away. "What was that for?" I asked. "For coming out here. Thank you" she said. I smiled. "We should get home before the storm gets worse" Courtney said. "Yeah, or before the tide gets higher. I cant predict which will happen." I said. She grabbed my hand and we ran back up to the path. "You really need a better control on your powers" she said. "Hey! Its not like I was trying! It was unexpected!" I said.

"Thank god the others were asleep" Courtney said. "Yeah. I don't really wanna deal with Carter right now" I said. "Why?" She asked. "I caught her in Emma's room" I said. Courtney giggled. "We all knew that would happen" she said. I nodded. She laid back on her bed. I sat down on mine. "What are you doing?" She asked. I looked at her confused. "Come here" she waved me over. I walked to her bed and she yanked me down onto her. I blushed at how close our faces are. "Lay down. I told you I wanted to lay with you" she said. I got in bed with her. "Courtney, you're really confusing me right now" I said. "Don't make it rain in the house" she said. I raised an eyebrow. "You said you weren't gonna leave me. So don't" she said. "Does that mean-?" I got cut off. "Just shut up. Yes. Its a yes Stormy" she said. "Does that mean I can kick Clays ass tomorrow?" I asked. "As long as I'm recording" she shrugged.