16

The next morning Steve went out for a run as he does often. Kiara, however, didn't feel like going out for a morning run after her training session with Natasha so she stayed in and is currently watching Mission Impossible again.

Until she gets a call from Nick Fury. She pauses the movie and picks up.

'Sir?' Kiara asks.

'You and Steve are needed. The Lemurian Star has been taken hostage by Pirates.'

'You got it.'

'And there is something else I need you to do.'

'What is it?'

***

After Kiara picked Steve up and met Sam, they went to the quinjet together with Shield's Strike team. Rumlow is currently explaining the situation to everyone.

'Target is a mobile satellite launch platform, the Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago.' Rumlow explains.

'Any demands?' Steve asks.

'Billion and a half.' Rumlow replies.

'Why so steep?'

'Because is S.H.I.E.L.D.'s.'

'So it's not off-course. It's trespassing.' Steve says.

'I'm sure they have a good reason.' Kiara says.

'You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor.'

'Relax. It's not that complicated.'

'How many pirates?' Steve asks.

'25. Top mercs led by this guy. Georges Batroc. Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilised him, he had 36 kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties.' Rumlow explains.

'Hostages?' Steve asks.

'Mostly techs. One officer. Jasper Sitwell.' Rumlow answers. 'They're in the galley.' He adds.

'What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship?' Steve asks.

Kiara gives him a quick look.

'All right, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Botroc. Nat, you kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them out. Let's move.' Steve orders.

'S.T.R.I.K.E., you heard the Cap. Gear up.' Rumlow says.

'Secure channel seven.' Steve says.

'Seven secure.' Kiara replies.

'Coming above the drop zone, Cap.'

Steve opens the cargo door.

'Be careful, Kie.' Steve says and then he jumps out.

'Says the guy who jumps out without a parachute.' Kiara mummers to herself.

'Was he wearing a parachute?' One of the agents asks Rumlow.

'No.' Rumlow says with a chuckle. 'No, he wasn't.'

Kiara makes sure her parachute doesn't fall of during her jump, since she isn't a supersoldier and then jumps out, too.

***

While Steve is already on the boat, taking a few guards out, Kiara and the others safely land on the deck with their parachutes.

Steve and Kiara walk towards the hostages, when Kiara says with a smirk, 'Don't break your back, old man.'

'Secure the engine room, then make fun of my age.' Steve says.