55

Kiara and Robbie are currently climbing the mountain of Vormir all the way to the top while the others are in other times and other places.

'I swear to god, Kie! Why did you rope me into this?!' Robbie asks.

'Because you love me more than you care to admit!' Kiara jokes. 'Just keep climbing, we're almost there!'

'I should have worked out!'

'How are you exhauted?! I thought you had a demon inside of you!' Kiara says as she laughs.

'How are you not exhausted yet?!' Robbie asks.

'I work out, you dork! And I'm driven!'

'Driven because of what?!'

'I want Steve, Nat and the others back! So, hurry up! We don't have all day!'

'I get it! I'm hurrying up!' Then Robbie notices a certain shield. 'Wait, is that Steve's shield?!'

'Yeah, it is!'

After a half hour the duo finnally made it to the top.

'I bet the raccoon didn't have to climb a mountain.' Robbie complains.

'Teachnically he's not a raccoon, you know?' Kiara says.

'Oh, whatever. He eats garbage, Kie.'

'Fair point.'

'Welcome.' A voice echoes.

Kiara and Robbie both turn around quickly, ready to use their powers.

'Kiara. Daughter of Amanda. Robbie. Nephew of Eli.'

Kiara and Robbie slowly walk towards the flying man ghost.

'The Red Skull?' Kiara asks.

'Conside me a guide. . . to you. . . and to all who sees the Soul Stone.'

'Oh, good. You tell us where it is, then we'll be on our way.' Kiara says.

'Oh, Leipzig. If only it were that easy.'

The Red Skull to the edge of the cliff and remains there. Kiara and Robbie slowly walk after him.

'What you seek lies in front of you. As does what you fear.'

'The stone is down there.' Kiara says as she looks over the cliff.

'For one of you. For the other. . . In order to take the stone. . . you must lose that which you love. An everlasting exchange. A soul for a soul.'

After they got this disturbing news, Kiara is sitting on a rock while Robbie is staring into the sky.

'How's it going?' He says to the ghost of the Red Skull. 'Jesus. Maybe he's making this shit up.'

'No. I don't think so, Robbie.'

'Why? Because he looks like a ghost?'

'Because Steve and I knew him back in the 40s. He was hunting for those stones and was dead serious about them. He isn't lying, Robbie. Trust me.'

'This is bullshit, Kie.'

'Thanos left here with the stone. . . without his daughter. That's not a councidence.'

'Yeah.'

'Whatever it takes.'

Kiara looks at Robbie, stands up and walks to him. 'If we don't get that stone. . . billions of people stay dead.'

'Yeah.' Robbie says as he nods. 'Then I guess we both know who it's gotta be.'

'I guess we do.'

Robbie grabs Kiara's hand and they look eachother in the eye.

'I'm starting to think we mean different people here, Kiara.'

'For the last five years I've been feeling so guilty for not doing more when whe fought Thanos. This makes up for everything.'

'No, don't you get all decent on me now, Kie.'

'What, do you think I wanna do it? I'm trying to save your life, you idiot.'

'Yeah, well, I don't want you to. How's that?' Robbie says. 'Kiara, you know what I've done and what I have hiding beneath all of this.'

'Robbie.' Kiara says in defense

'Kie.' Robbie says as he cups her face. 'You have a daugther now. You're a mother. I can't go to the Barton house and tell a little girl her mother died to get some stupid rock.'

'I am doing this for her. This way her father comes back to this world.'

'And she would lose her mother.'

'Then she would still have you.'

'Your a pain in my ass, you know that, Kie?'

Kiara nods and they put their foreheads againt eachother's.

'Okay.' Kiara says as he steps back. 'You win.'

Then Kiara forces Robbie to the ground.
'Tell my family I love 'em.'

Then Robbie turns them around so Kiara is forced to the ground. 'You tell 'em yourself.' He says.

He uses his chain to keep her down. Then he turns around and starts running towards the edge of the cliff.

Kiara quakes the chain of, grabs Steve's shield and knocks him down. She catches the shield again puts it on her back and starts running to the edge this time.

She looks at Robbie and then jumps off the cliff. But Robbie jumps, too. He uses his chain and he attaches it to her suit and to the wall.

Kiara grabs him at his wrist and hold him tight, not letting go. 'Damn you, Robbie.'

Kiara tries to grab him better but she can't reach him with her other hand. 'Wait. Please don't.'

'Let me go, Kie.'

'No.' Kiara says as her voice breaks. 'I can't lose you, too.' A tear rolls down her cheek. 'No. Please, no.'

'It's okay.'

'Please.'

Then Robbie kicks himself off of the wall.

'No!' Kiara yells as she sees Robbie falling all the way down until he hits the rocky ground.

Kiara lets out a sob and then everything goes black. Then Kiara wakes up in a thin layer of water. But Robbie is nowhere to be seen. She feels something in her hand. When she opens her hand she sees the Soul Stone in her hand.

Kiara starts to cry. All this for a stupid rock. Then she gets sucked up and goes back to the future.

When everyone gets back to the compound again. They are all smiling. Happy it worked. Well, everyone except for Kiara.

'Did we get them all?' Bruce asks.

'Are you telling me this actually worked?' Rhodey asks.

But then Kiara drops to her knees and everyone looks at her.

'Kie, where is Robbie?' Bruce asks, afraid he already knows the answer as he sees the horrified and sad look on her face.

Kiara doesn't say anything. Instead she starts to cry as she drops the box where she's keeping the Soul Stone in.

Tony quickly kneels down infront of her and cups her face. Kiara looks up to him and when he sees that she's crying he sighs.

'Oh, honey.' Tony says as he strokes her hair.

'He's gone.' Kiara says as she cries.

'Shh. Shh. It's okay.' Tony says as he strokes her hair.

'It should have been me.' Kiara says as she hugs him tight. 'It should have been me.' Kiara says softer this time.