46

Kiara and Bucky are sitting in the other room while Natasha is with the others. They both thought it was best to give Natasha some privacy with them, seeing the tension between the four of them is pretty high.

Kiara looks through some books in the closet that's standing against the wall while Bucky looks outside. When he looks back inside and sees that Kiara is looking through a book, he walks to her until he leans against the table next to her.

'What are you doing?' He asks.

'This was one of my favorite books back in our time.' Kiara says as she closes the book so Bucky can see the title.

Bucky looks at the book cover and sees in big letters "The Hobbit" on it. He remembers when it came out back in the day and loved to read it.

'That is such a good book.' He says with a smile on his face as he grabs the book the read the back. 'I loved it when I first read it.'

Kiara looks at him shocked. 'You read The Hobbit?' Kiara asks suprised.

Now Bucky looks at her. 'Of course I did. Why?'

'Never took you for a reading guy.' Kiara shrugs.

'What, just because I was a soldier I can't read?' He asks as he gives the book back to her.

'No, no, it's not that. Just never took you for a reading guy. That's all.' Kiara says as she places the book behind her on the table. 'It's sure taking long in there, isn't it?' Kiara says as she looks at the closed door.

Yelena walked through it with a mix of anger and sadness on her face a while ago. Soon after, Alexei followed her into the room she's now sitting in. Natasha and Melina are still in the other room. Still they both thought it was best to leave them be for a little while longer, seeing as Kiara and Bucky still have no personal business between this four.

'Yeah, no shit.' He says as he looks at the closed door, too.

Suddenly the atmosphere light turns blue and loud plane sounds are heard outside. Both Bucky and Kiara both quickly stand up, wondering what's going on but know it's nothing good.

They both walk slowly through the house when they suddenly both feel something in their necks. When they pull it out of their necks and getting it in their sights, they see it's a tranq dart.

They both look at eachother with wide eyes before they both fall down on the ground. Kiara can faintly see soldiers running inside with big guns in their hands. Kiara knows they're from the Red Room. She can't keep her eyes open any longer and passes out.

When Kiara regains conscious and she can see clearly, she sees she's in a cell. She slowly gets up groaning, still feeling pretty light in her head, probaly because of the tranq dart she was hit with back in Melina's house.

She intends to use her powers to break the glass that's keeping her in but she's still to weak because of the tranq dart to use them. She sits back down with a frustrated sigh when suddenly Melina types in some things and the glass doors open.

Kiara slowly walks out, not sure if this isn't just another trap by Dreykov. When she steps out of the cell, Melina hands her something. Kiara looks at Melina with distrust on her face.

Before Kiara can say anything, Melina speaks up. 'I know you have no reason to trust me, but you need to find the Winter Soldier. They're gonna turn him back to his old self within minutes. You gotta hurry.'

'They can't.' Kiara says. Melina looks at her confused. 'People managed to flush Hydra's program out. Those words won't change him anymore, it's not possible.'