64

'Just a few more steps.' Steve says as he keeps his hands in front of Kiara's eyes.

Kiara laughs. 'Where are you taking me?' She asks.

'Just trust me.' Steve says and then stops walking. 'Okay. Open your eyes.' He says as he takes his hands away from her eyes.

Kiara gasps as she sees where they are. 'This is-'

'The place where we always went to.' Steve says with a smile. 'I thought us being in a restaurant would just mean prying eyes so I came up with this.'

Kiara turns around and puts her hands around Steve's neck. 'I love it.' She says with a smile.

Steve mirrors her smile and leans in to kiss her. 'Sit down.' Steve says after he pulls away and sticks his hand out.

Kiara puts her hand in his and he leads her to the place he set out. He helps her sit down first and then sits on the other side.

They start to eat something and enjoy their time alone with just the two of them. 'So, not that I'm complaining but to what do I owe this wonderful evening?' Kiara says as they look over the view of the city with a blanket around the two of them.

Steve turns to look at Kiara better. 'Several reasons.' He says slightly nervous .

'Is my boyfriend having a double agenda right now?' Kiara asks slightly surprised.

Steve takes a deep breath and stands up. Out of curiosity, Kiara stands up, too. Steve takes a deep breath again and then turns to Kiara, looking deeply into her eyes.

Then Steve gets down on one knee, pulls a little black box out and opens it, revealing a beautiful ring. Kiara gasps as she looks at the sight before her as tears invade her eyes.

'Kie, when we first met, I was just a small kid from Brooklyn with no hope of an future. Until I met you. You've changed my entire life for the better and I've enjoyed every single day by your side. I have loved you from the day I laid eyes on you and I will never stop loving you. So, Kiara Carter, will you marry me?'

'Yes, I'll marry you!' Kiara says with the biggest smile on her face.

Steve smiles as he stands up and kisses her deeply. Then he pulls away and slides the ring on her finger. Kiara raises her hand and looks at the ring.

'It's beautiful, Steve. I love it.' Kiara says.

Steve picks Kiara up and spins around with her, making her squeal. He sets her down on the ground again and cups her face with both of his hands.

'I love you, Kie.' Steve says.

'I love you, too.'

***

Steve and Kiara stumble into the big hotel suite while kissing eachother deeply.

'Take it off.' He mumbles against her lips.

'Take what off?' She breathlessly asks.

He bites down on her bottom lip, giving it a small tug before releasing it. 'Everything.' He says and then lets go of her, pulls away and sits down on a chair.

She reaches down and grabs the hem of her shirt, slowly lifting it up as she pulls it over herself. Then she moves down to her jeans, undoing the button and the zipper and slowly pulling them down, keeping eye contact with him the entire time.