17

The next evening

Steve and Kiara walk into the apartment after Kate, their neighboor said there's music playing, they're on high alert. Once they're inside, they hear music playing on the stereo. Old music from the 40s.

Steve grabs his shield and Kiara grabs her gun. They slowly walk to the sound. Once they're around the corner they see Nick laying there.

'I don't remember giving you a key.' Steve says.

Nick groans a bit while he gets up. 'You really think I'd need one?' He asks.

'My wife kicked me out.' Nick explains.

'I didn't know you were married, Nick.' Kiara says.

'There's a lot of things you don't know about me.'

'I know, Nick. That's the problem.' Steve says while he walks over to Nick and turns the light on. They see Nick, bleeding.

Kiara was about to say something, but Nick gave her a sign to keep quit. Then he turns out the light again.

Steve and Kiara give him both a confused look as he typing something.

EARS EVERYWHERE

Steve looks around the big room while Kiara looks at Nick a little in shock from his state.

'I'm sorry to have to do this, but I had no place else to crash.' Nick says as he turns his phone around again.

S.H.I.E.L.D. COMPROMISED

'Who else knows about your wife?' Steve says, but actually referring to the "S.H.I.E.L.D. compromised"

YOU, ME AND KIARA

'Just . . . my friends.' Nick says.

'Is that what we are?' Steve asks.

'That's up to you.' Nick says.

A few seconds later he gets shot and falls to the ground.

'Nick!' Kiara yells.

Steve drags him out of the room into a other while Kiara looks around for anyone.

Nick grabs Steve's arm and puts a flash drive in his hand. 'Don't trust anyone.' He strugles to say.

'Nick, you're gonna be fine.' Kiara says.

'Captain Rogers?' They hear. They look and see the woman from next door, Kate.

'Captain, I'm agent 13 of S.H.I.E.L.D. Special Service.' She says.

'Kate?' Steve asks, kinda in shock.

'I'm assigned to protect you both.' She says.

'On whose order?' Kiara asks.

'His.' She says, referring to Nick.

She grabs a radio from her pocket and says, 'Foxtrot is down, he's unresponsive. I need EMTs'

'Do we have a 20 on the shooter?' A male voice asks.

'Tell him I'm in pursuit.' Steve says.

'Do you have a med kit here or something to put presure on the wound?' She asks.

'Yeah, yeah. Let me get it for you.' Kiara says. She runs to the kitchen and gets a towel. 'Here.'

'He's gonna be okay, right?' Kiara asks.

'I hope so.' She says.

Not shortly after, the medics arrive and they take him to the ambulance.

'Can I drive with you?' Kiara asks.