CHAPTER 99

Ren's POV

"I'm sorry. I did that. I messed up." Paghingi ko ng tawad at humawak sa kamay niya.

"You're not. You weren't sorry Ethan. You just felt the need to be sorry because I am now hurting. I'm ending this conversation." She said and got up.

"Wait." Sabi ko at hinawakan siya sa kamay.

"Ano!?" she's frustrated.

"Please AC, just this one last time."

"What do you need from me? You almost killed me Ethan."

"I wasn't. I'd rather die."

"You were supposed to kill Matthew, now he is unconscious and I don't know how I would feel about that. Seeing you standing here in-front of me like nothing happened."

"Can we talk outside please?" I said at hinila siya palabas sa may pool area. "I am acting like nothing happen because no one is supposed to know about that side of me AC. The gang, the gangster side of me, and the deadly side of me, no one outside the group is supposed to know about those things AC. It is complicated, and believe me I would rather die than get you killed." I explained.

"And how do you want me to react to what happened to Matthew? Just sit here like he didn't almost got killed by his stupid leader? Is that what you wanted me to do Ethan?" She said frustratedly.

"I know how frustrated you are. But it's not that simple AC. If I didn't do that to him someone else will and he would end up dead without even reaching the level 5. It hurts that I have to do that to one of my best friends, but he choose it himself. I tried tying him down to the group but he didn't listen."

"No, you're not his best friend. You wouldn't do that if you were one."

"Ok. How did I ended up in this position? Someone assigned me in this position and that someone is higher than me. It's not just a game of gangsters who beat each others asses AC. And that someone will surely kill Matthew in a blink of an eye if I wasn't gonna do it. This is also the reason behind all of this mess. And I am not supposed to say any other thing below that point. I am doing this to keep you safe."

"I would be much safer if you're not around me Ethan. I can surely handle myself. And now that we broke up I'm sure I am much safer. So go ahead and be happy with your upcoming marriage." She said and left.

I was so frustrated and angry at the same time. Pumasok na ako sa loob and I went to her room but it is locked kaya bumalik nalang ako sa guest room.

Habang naka higa ako ay nagring yung phone ko. I looked at it and it's freaking Vivian, again.

"What do you want?"

[ Aren't you coming home? It's already late.]

"No, don't wait for me."

[Where are you?]

"Somewhere."

[Where? I'll come in there.]

"Just go to sleep. Bye." After that I ended the call. She's so frustrating. I'm so tired of dealing with her. She drains me.

It's the morning and Euniece is just getting ready to go home.

"Kuya!!! I'm ready." Sabi niya at pumasok sa kwarto.

"Where is your ate AC?" Tanong ko naman.

"She's getting ready. I ask her to drive me home."

"Isn't she tired?"

"She agreed so she's probably not tired. She also gave me a necklace look." She said and showed me a necklace. It's small gold four pointed star with a diamond on the center.

"That's cute."

"Look she gave me one of her hoodies too." She said and showed me a paperbag. That's very AC, she likes to spoil kids with gifts.

"Did you say thank you?"

"I did. But kuya you know when I woke up this morning her eyes are puffy. She must've cried but I was too shy to ask so I didn't pointed it out."

Tumango lang ako and after that we headed downstairs, Tita and Tito was there having coffee.

"Good morning po." Bati ko sa kanila.

"Kumain muna kayo dito." Pag aaya ni tita sa amin. Euniece went straight up to her at pinaghanda naman siya ni tita ng pancakes.

"Hijo." Tawag sa akin ni Tito.

"Yes po sir?"

"Can I have a conversation with you alone."

"Absolutely sir." Sabi ko at sumunod sa kanya. Nagtungo  kami sa may pool area at naupo kami doon.

"I'll go straight to the point, ok?"

"Yes sir." why the fuck am I nervous?

"I know the contract means nothing to you. But let me get this clear. It means everything to my daughter. I know she's hurting so much right now but you have nothing to worry about. We'll take good care of her."

"Sir, I'm sorry I broke my promise to you. I deeply apologise for what happened and I want you to know that I am really sorry for all of it. Sir I love your daughter."

"I know hijo, but not everything will go as we planned them to be."

"Sir, believe me I tried my best to keep her but everything was just not working. I really love your daughter po I really do. If you'll allow me to have her again I will be thankful for the rest of my life. I will do everything po to keep her."

"Hijo, it is not me to decide on that one. And I'm sure you'll do everything. But for now, I want you to cut ties with her. Hijo, you're getting married and I don't want her to get dragged into that. I wish you the best of luck with your fiancée."

"Sir, I don't want to let her go."

"I'm sure you don't, as I said you are getting married and I just want to protect my daughter from everything. We both know what kind of family your fiancée have and at the moment I don't want to get involve in such things."

"I understand sir."

"Good luck with your journey hijo." He said and went inside. Sumunod lang din ako and found Euniece eating with AC. Well she's having coffee and her favourite breakfast pancakes with chocolate syrup.

"Hijo kumain ka na din dito bago kayo umalis." Pag aaya ni tita sakin.

"I'm good tita, I'm not really hungry." Sagot ko naman at pumunta sa living room and went scroll through my phone.

While I was on my phone I remembered something... Agad akong pumunta sa labas and called someone.

"Morris."

[Yes, Mr. Morris.]

"How's the investigation going on?"

[We're completing the puzzles sir.]

"Is she related to Sullivan in any way?"

[About that sir, she is. It turns out they are in a relationship for almost a year now.]

"Where are they staying at?"

[Right now they are in Japan.]

"I'm asking for their home address here."

[They have no permanent address sir.]

"I see. Complete the investigation and I'll see you soon."

[Yes sir.]

Baka nga tama ang mga nalalaman ko. Kaylangan ko lang pagtagpitagpiin lahat ng impormasyon na meron ako. And I will end this fucking hell in one go.

All of the people who are involved will be facing me as soon as possible. I don't even care for the Higher Ups now. They are fucking ruining everything and I'll make sure to bring hell to them.