CHAPTER 40

AC's POV

I'm just processing what happened 15 minutes ago. It was a long 45 minutes of shit!

We are not supposed to do those things. If we continue doing it, kakainin ako ng konsensya ko na hinayaan ko yong mangyari.

I'm standing here at the counter, thinking that stupid shit we just did.

"Hi." bati niya at yumakap sa akin habang nakatalikod ako.

"I love you." he continued as he kissed my neck so I remove his arms around my waist and distanced myself.

"I don't think we should be doing this. We can't do this things Ren. Kakainin ako ng konsenysa ko kapag pinagpatuloy natin to." We can't. We just really can't be doing this.

"AC, mahal kita. It's one of my ways showing my love for you." sagot niya at hinawakan ang dalawa kong kamay.

Magsasalita palang sana ako ng may kumatok.

"I'll get it." sabi ko at tinanggal ang pagkakahawak niya sa mga kamay ko. Binuksan ko ang pinto and saw Matt.

"Hi. Good morning." bati niya at niyakap ako.

"What are you doing here?" tanong ko naman.

"Well I went to your office and you're not there so I came here to gave this to you." sabi niya at iniabot ang maliit na envelope. "Pinabibigay ni JD." invitation for Jillian's birthday.

"I really can't come to the party. I'm quite busy." pagsisinungaling ko. I'm not really busy. I just can't get out of this house. Ayokong madagdagan ang araw na dito ako titira.

"You're secretary told me you got a leave for a week. So tigilan mo ako sa pagsisinungaling mo Kate." sabi niya at tinignan ako ng deretso.

"Look Matt, I'll just send my gifts to Jillian and also I'm gonna call kuya to inform him that I can't attend." sagot ko naman.

"Jillian wouldn't be happy about that. Anyways I need to run some errands so I need to go. And inform me if kulang ang dala mong damit and I'll give you a whole mall." he's talking about Ren's shirt that I'm currently wearing.

"Matt don't tell kuya about this. Please." sabi ko bago siya tuluyang tumalikod at naglakad papunta sa kotse niya.

Huminga ako ng malalim bago isara ang pinto at naupo sa bar stool.

Nakita ko naman si Ren na umiinom na naman and also smoking.

"You should quit smoking. It's not good for you." sabi ko habang tinitignan siya.

"If I do that would you stay away from Rivera?" tanong niya sa akin. Bakit niya binabalik sa akin ang mga sinasabi ko?

"Why would I do that?" balik kong tanong sa kanya.

"That means no. So why would I quit smoking?"

"It's not good for you. And for your child and Veronica."

"And Rivera isn't good for you either." sabi niya at uminom ng alak.

Hindi na ako nagsalita at nagpunta sa guest room at binagsak ang sarili sa kama at tuminin sa kisame. My attention went to my hands. And saw the ring.

We would've been married by now if everything went well. But no, everything just turn sideways and here I am living with my ex-fiancé.

I love him but I shouldn't. I want to trust him again but I couldn't. I want to hug him tight, but we can't. Maybe we're really not meant for each other.

"I love you." I said as my tears kept falling until I fell asleep in tiredness.

Ren's POV

I just can't handle AC and Matt seeing each other. I can't. I'll just harm them both or worst kill Matt.

Umiinom lang ako ng alak dito sa sala. AC went upstairs. Then I decided to follow her.

Nang makarating ako sa pintuan ng guest room ay bubuksan ko na sana ng marinig ko siyang magsalita.

"I love you."

Sinong kausap niya? She love someone? Sino naman? Is she on the phone? With who?

Matt?

No. This can't be!

I didn't even bother to open the door instead I walk away at bumalik na sa sala. I can't really understand what I feel. I feel angry, mad, jealous and frustrated.

It's been an hour of me drinking at hindi parin lumalabas si AC sa kwarto.

I got my phone and called Blake.

[What!? I'm in the middle of something right now.]

"I'm frustrated! I'm jealous! I'm angry!" I yelled on the phone.

[Ano bang problema mo!? You're with Kate. Ano pa bang gusto mo!?]

"Look Blake I just need someone or maybe something to vent my anger on."

[What do you want me to do about it? Send you a punching bag or kasuntukan mo? If you really want things to go the way you want fix your own shit up!]

"Wala nga akong ginagawa! She's saying I love you to someone and how do you expect me to react!?"

[Look Morris, you'll gonna have a child soon. And here's a tip, let go of Kate. She deserves to be happy and loved. If you want her to be happy, just let her go.]

I can't let her go. My plan is to get her back and fix this mess. Not to let her go and hayaan siyang mapunta sa iba. Hindi ako papayag!

I ended the call. I took a deep breathe and called someone to help me with my plans.

"I want you to get more information about Kyle Sullivan and alam mo na. Bring them tomorrow on SH. If you get there just say that I invited you over."

[Masusunod boss. Bukas na bukas din.]

"One more thing. I want you to keep an eye on Ventura and give me some informations."

[Pero boss pinsan mo siya.]

"Do I have to repeat what I've just said?"

[Masususnod boss. I'll get all of the informations I can find.]

"Good. I'll give you a check tomorrow."

[Mauna na ko boss.]

"Salamat."

I continue to drink bottles and bottle of alcohol. Until I felt drunk na halos hindi na ako makatayo. I went to the pool and sat on the edge.

Habang naka upo ako ay nakaramdam ako ng pagkahilo and then I pass out not knowing what happened.