Ominis Gaunt | Dislike - Part 1

(Y/N) walked up the stairs of the Defence Against the Dark Arts Tower, her mind in other places and her eyes fixed on the direction she was headed in. She was not wholly aware of what was going on around her, simply moving past the many Hogwarts students that filed through the corridors and stairwells of the school, heading to their classrooms as well.

(Y/N) was headed to Professor Fig's classroom to talk about the events that transpired on their journey to Hogwarts. She had received an owl from him just that morning and had planned to meet him in his office behind his classroom after her lessons of the day - that being Herbology and Potions.

(Y/N) rounded the corner of the staircase and was suddenly met with a semi-patronising taunt that interrupted her turn. "Heard you fought off a troll in Hogsmeade. You know there's such a thing as trying too hard." The voice was not loud - it could have been missed if the hallways and the students in them were louder. The voice was pointed, making a clear statement designed to belittle, or perhaps make her feel small. Either way, (Y/N) was not impressed.

"Excuse me?" She scoffed. She turned to the source of the sound and was met with a Slytherin student. He was slightly taller than her, but not by that much. His hair was thin and fine, combed back formally - its colour a faded blonde. His eyes had a darkened blue hue to them, but they were unfocused, the iris and pupil molded together unnaturally, and they were not looking at (Y/N), while she looked right at him with a fierce gaze.

"Did you not hear me?" The student jeered with a slightly raised brow.

"Oh no, I heard you." (Y/N) mumbled with an angry undertone. "Who do you think you are, talking to me like that?" She questioned harshly, stepping one step closer to him - he did not move.

"I simply said what I felt." The student shrugged, a smirk now laced his thin lips. "Attacking a troll in Hogsmeade is a sure way to get everyone talking, isn't it? As if being the new fifth-year is not enough."

(Y/N)'s jaw fell agape. She felt insulted, offended, and more prominently, angry. "What exactly am I supposed to do? Not defend myself against a troll attacking me?" She prodded, her words firm and clear.

"Perhaps you should have let the authorities deal with the problem, rather than trying to be the hero." (Y/N) opened her mouth to speak but he continued. "Natsai was with you, wasn't she? Perhaps you wanted to impress the daughter of a Professor, or be doted on as saving her."

"What-"

"I'm afraid I'll have to cut this short, we all have places to be." He smiled, but it was not kind nor friendly, it was cynical - he had won.

(Y/N) internally let out a scream of frustration, remembering his face, but she never got his name.

"(Y/N)!" Natsai called out as she entered Transfiguration.

"Hello, Natty." (Y/N) greeted kindly, heading straight for the spot on the bench to the left of her. (Y/N) had met Natsai in her first Charms class, to which they got along splendidly. Natsai then accompanied (Y/N) to Hogsmeade where they encountered the troll, and then were met with the unpleasant sight of Rookwood conspiring with goblins, followed by the two students being confronted by said wizard in The Three Broomsticks. Those events had caused them to bond even in the short time (Y/N) had been at school.

They conversed about general things for a few minutes before Professor Weasley entered.

As they did, Sebastian noticed odd behaviour coming from Ominis. "Who are you pointing your wand at?" He questioned curiously as he noticed the wand Ominis used to help him around was pointed very directly in a certain direction.