Chapter 5: Last Day of School!

Wow! This story got over 1,000 views in less than a month. That's certainly something that hasn't happened to any of my stories before. I hope that if you like this story, you check out some of my others. For a while, I had a string of Kingdom Hearts Stories that were crossed over with various Disney TV shows (since KH only seems to want to be set in Disney Movie worlds), so check them out if you have the time. I even did one with Owl House and might eventually do one with Amphibia....

Anyway, on we go!

Luz practically jumped out of her bed as her alarm went off. She was full of energy as she made her way to her closet. Today was a special day! It was the last day of school! As a special bonus for it being the last day, the school was allowing free dress. Luz knew exactly what she wanted to wear as she went to her closet and picked out her cat hoodie shirt, jean shorts, and leggings. It felt like so long since she'd worn it, even though she had occasionally donned it on weekends. In no time at all, she was dressed in her Cat hoodie shirt and shorts and bounded downstairs to find her mother.

Her mother was listening to music in the kitchen and didn't notice Luz enter.

"And he stole from the rich and the poor and the not very rich and the very poor, and he stole our hearts away, he stole all hearts away, he stole all hearts awaaayayayaayayayaa, he stole our hearts awaaaaaaaaaay......" sang Camilla with the song as it was ending.

"Bravo, Mom," Luz said as the song ended. Camilla turned around to face Luz.

"Oh, I didn't hear you come in, Luz. You surprised me," said Camila.

"Don't stop on my account," said Luz. "You were jamming to that song."

"Well, it's over now, but you can bet I'll be jamming to it some other time. In any case, let's get you ready for your last day at school, Mija. Are you excited?"

"You bet I am!" said Luz happily.

"And considering what happened earlier, it's nice to see you in such high spirits," said Camila. "I'm proud of you, Luz. You've come a long way."

"Gracias, mama!" said Luz as she went to hug her mother.

Before long, Luz had arrived at school. The other students were also in high spirits over it being the last day of school, and there was a general air of excitement. Luz found her friends outside the entrance. Sasha was wearing a T-shirt that said "Bad Girl" on it with some shorts and sandals. Anne was wearing a nice sundress with flowers on it and sandals. Marcy had apparently forgotten about free dress.

"Oh, Marcy, what happened?" asked Luz.

"Eh, I forgot about free dress," she replied. "Although that's a cool shirt, Luz."

"Oh, I haven't even shown you the best part," replied Luz as she flipped her hoodie up over her head and revealed its cat ears. "Meow meow!"