Chapter 18: Friend in the Night Market

Okay, so I want to let you all know that "The First Temple" definitely threw a curveball at me in terms of the future of this fic. Specifically, the scene where the gem is "recharged" (as it seems that instead of the temple recharging the gem, it appears to be draining the power from the girls) That may mess up some things I had planned for the future, and I almost considered putting this fic on hold until the rest of season 2 finishes.

Thing is, I'm kind of impatient, and I don't think I could wait that long. I had planned to have some talk about the gems and how they work in this chapter, but I decided to switch that out for something else instead. I thought about waiting until Valeriana is reintroduced in the series proper, but I have no idea when that will happen (and it seems unlikely to happen in the two episodes airing next week, at the time of this writing). So I had to think a bit about what I was going to have her do in this chapter in the hopes that things I predicted would turn out right. I guess we'll know in a few weeks.

One more thing, this story recently managed to crack 100 reviews. For me, that feels pretty big! None of the other stories I've written have ever come close to that, so I feel it's a very big milestone. I have plans to make a music video for that, but I need to wait for The Owl House to return and for Amphibia to at least finish its second season. The thing is, I want as much footage as I can get. I want to make a video featuring both Luz and Anne and the two of them being awesome! Here's hoping we won't have to wait much longer for that.

Anyway, please enjoy this chapter and leave a review!

Luz and her friends were outside with Uodeela. Today, she was teaching them an invisibility potion.

"There are a myriad of uses for this potion, as I'm sure you can imagine," began Uodeela. "But in teaching you this potion, I also must point out that you should be ethical in how you use it. Now, the invisibility effect will only last one hour, so you'll need to prepare and drink more if you want to remain invisible longer. I should also point out that it has to be drunk in order for its effects to take hold. This does present a problem in that it can't affect clothes. If you really wanted to be invisible, then you would have to be naked."

"Uhhhh," groaned Luz, thinking about that prospect. "Guess I won't use this one that often."

"Afraid to show some skin?" asked Amara teasingly.

"Not at all," began Luz, before suddenly shifting. "Well, maybe a little. I mean, it would make for a real awkward position to be caught in if you turned visible without your clothes."

"As I said, that's why this potion may not be that useful," explained Uodeela. "But sometimes, in the right circumstances, you never know. Remember, there are two parts to learning potions. The first part is the ingredients required. The second is learning how to best use the potions you brew."

"Thankfully, this one doesn't seem that complicated," said Lilly as she began stirring her ingredients together. After some time of stirring, the potion turned a light sky blue—the exact color it was supposed to be.

Luz looked at her potion and was pleased to see it turning the same color. She glanced over at Amara and Gustav's potions and saw that they had also achieved success, as their potions were sky blue as well.