Chapter 24: Azura's Troupe Part 2

So, during the original "Azura's Troupe" chapter, only one person figured out what I was referencing in it. So I figured I'd tell you that if you haven't played the game "Chrono Trigger", you really should! Firstly, it is an AMAZING game! You may have heard of it being named one of the best games of all time, and honestly, I agree. It has an amazing story that really makes you feel for and care for the characters in it. For the record, "Glenn the Frog Knight" is a recreation of a character's story from that game. The battle system is good and easy to understand, it has great music, and, despite being made in the 16-bit era, its graphics still look good even today.

If you own a computer, you can buy it on Steam for $15 USD, and I promise you it is worth every penny.

Now onto the story!

Luz woke up to the sounds of bubbling. She cast her sleepy gaze around and saw the cauldron that Uodeela had brought into the basement a few weeks ago. Uodeela had been hard at work gathering up the ingredients she needed for a rare elixir. This particular elixir also needed to stew for two weeks, so Uodeela had moved a cauldron into the basement to keep it out of the way. Today was the day she added the final ingredient to the elixir.

Yawning as she stumbled out of bed, Luz quickly got changed and was getting ready to go upstairs when the basement door opened and Uodeela, Amara, Gustav, and Lilly came down, almost bumping into Luz.

"Oh, sorry there, Luz," said Lilly

"Watch it there, kid," said Uodeela. "We were all just coming down to check the elixir. After I add the last ingredient, it won't be long before it's ready."

The amphibians and Luz gathered around the cauldron and watched as it continued to bubble. Uodeela had been silent about this particular elixir but had promised to talk more about it as it drew nearer to being ready.

"So, I know I haven't even told you all what this elixir is," began Uodeela.

"I know," said Amara. "It must be really complicated with all the different and rare ingredients you've been getting."

"Not only that, but you've been brewing it for so long," added Gustav, "much longer than any elixir we've ever attempted."

"Yes, that's because this is a very special elixir," said Uodeela. "What you are looking at is the Elixir of Life!"

All eyes went from the cauldron to Uodeela and then back again.

"Are you serious, Master?" asked Amara. "The Elixir of Life?! As in the one that can bring you back from the dead?"

"Well, more like it can save you from death," clarified Uodeela. "To be clear, the elixir only works to save you from an early or untimely death. It can't do much against dying of natural causes or disease. If you were mortally wounded, drowned, or something like that and made sure to take the elixir quickly after that, you would live! The elixir will cure your wounds and patch you up good as new."