Chapter 28: Newtopian News

So, I was hoping I might get this Arc finished right as Amphibia season 3 premieres, but that doesn't seem likely. Still, there are only two chapters left, so it will likely finish early into season 3. Can't wait to see what the final season has in store for us. It may end up affecting what I have planned for this fic, which is why I'm eager to see what happens.

I want to remind any potential guest reviewers that if you review my story as a guest, I can't reply to your review. I bring this up because one particular guest (Dragon Storm) felt the need to review my story many times. He brought up a few points, and I'd like to respond to them, but I can't because they are a guest. Though honestly, at this point, I don't know why you don't just make an account, so I can at least reply to you. One thing I will comment on is, Why did you think Luz's gem was red??? I thought I made it abundantly clear that her gem was purple.

One final reminder for guest reviewers, this story is also on AO3, so if you have an account there, then feel free to leave your review there. I am also available on DeviantArt if you want to try to get ahold of me that way. It's just a little frustrating when you ask a question, but I can't respond to it.

With all that out of the way, let's continue.

A Last Jam Session

A few days after Luz and Lilly left on their journey, Amara's tail finally began to regrow. Amara was glad to be able to remove the bandages and see the beginnings of her new tail. She took this as a sign that it was time to start her journey back to Newtopia. After a day of preparation, she was ready to leave.

"I guess this is it for you then," said Gustav to her on the night before her departure.

"I'm nervous about seeing my parents again," confessed Amara to Gustav. "I used to believe everything they said without question, but now I don't know how I can even talk to them knowing what I know."

"I can't say it will be easy," admitted Gustav, "and I wish I could say that maybe your parents will be convinced to change their ways like my dad was, but somehow, I doubt that will happen."

"Yeah, I don't see that happening," said Amara with a laugh.

"I know that whatever happens, you'll find a way to handle it," said Gustav. "I figure you can use the excuse of going to the library a lot to stay away from them."

"I plan to do that when I can," said Amara, "but my parents will likely want me to go back to the schedule I had before. I don't know, but I'll figure something out. As I said before, I'll use my time to find a cure for Uodeela."

"Don't focus too much on that, Amara," said Gustav. "It's great that you want to find one, but we also have to accept the fact that one might not exist, in which case I don't want you getting too obsessed over it."

"I know, I know," replied Amara. "But even so, I'm going to do my best to find one!"