Chapter 11: New World, New Friends

Greetings, All!

So, as it turns out, I missed writing this story too much to stay away for two months. Looks like I'm back early! I did have a good restful period, though. I watched a few anime and got through one or two video games in my Steam queue. Maybe in the future, I will only take a month off between arcs. But yeah, I had some great ideas for what I wanted to write, and I liked them so much that I didn't feel like waiting two months to continue. I know this might screw up the whole "waiting for the show to catch up", but I guess I can just hope that things I might predict or foreshadow turn out to be right! I'll try again to do either weekly or bi-weekly updates for this story until I get to the end of the Arc. Here's hoping that this year is AWESOME!

A girl all alone, in a strange world

Must try to survive, and not be perturbed

She may try to learn, about magic out here

If she can focus, and conquer her fear

What will happen, what will she do?

Time to find out, here in Arc two

ARC 2: Teen Girl in a Frog World

The light from the rising sun shone down on the world of Amphibia—a world that, outside of its scattered towns and great city, was a wild world of large insects, dangerous predators, and an unforgiving climate. A world in which Luz Noceda was struggling to survive. As the sun began to beat down, it awoke Luz from her sleep, though her sleep had been far too restless for it to actually do any good for her. Luz had lost track of time in the days that had passed since she first arrived in this world. While she had been able to construct a crude shelter out of branches and large leaves, it had done little to give her reassurance of any sort of protection against the many dangers that this world had to offer. Furthermore, she had been unable to find any sort of food, and hunger was beginning to take its toll on her. Water was another concern, as the only water Luz had managed to find was dirty swamp water, which was hardly something she wanted to consume. She was very glad that it had rained the other day, allowing her to simply open her mouth and drink some of the rainwater. Though, unfortunately, the rain had also been absorbed into the dirt and had turned the ground into mud once again. This mud was particularly thick and difficult to walk through. Once or twice, Luz lost one of her shoes in the mud as she struggled to walk through it.

Ugh, can you imagine if I lost my shoes in this place? she thought as she went to retrieve her shoe from the mud yet again. Luz pulled her shoe out of the mud, her white shoes having been thoroughly stained brown by both the mud and the swamps she had walked through. Afterward, she continued on her journey to explore her new surroundings and, maybe this time, find some food.

She hadn't seen any signs of civilization, nor had she run into Sasha, Marcy, or Anne. After a few days of searching for them, Luz had concluded that either she was entirely alone in this world or Sasha, Marcy, and Anne were here as well, just in a different area than her. While the thought that they were still here had given her some comfort, it was slightly offset by the fact that only a few minutes before she had arrived in this world, Anne had coldly told her that she didn't want to be friends anymore. Luz secretly hoped that if she did run into someone, it would be either Sasha or Marcy, but she really hoped it would be Marcy. In the meantime, with not much else to do, she had erected a shelter and tried not to wander too far from it, hoping that she would either be found or somehow miraculously be transported home.

Occasionally, Luz would take out her cell phone and look to see if her service had been restored, though it never was. Sometimes, she'd delay looking at her phone, hoping from the bottom of her heart that this time would be different. But every time, it was the same, almost as if her phone were mocking her. Thankfully, her phone had been fully charged before she was zapped to this strange place, but Luz knew she would need to find a power source for her phone if she wanted to keep using it for its other functions. She had some music and videos stored directly on the phone that did not require the internet to play. Music had brought her some comfort from her loneliness and helped to keep her mental state in check.