Chapter 36: Here, There, and Elsewhere

This chapter is likely to be the last one I publish before Amphibia ends, so it will be interesting to see what happens in the future and how that might affect the plans I have for this fic.

So I uploaded my thoughts on some of the recent episodes on my Devianart page if you guys want to check that out. I know that some of the things that happened in both shows contradicted what I wrote in this fic, so I talked about that a bit there. I'll probably make another post after season 2 of Owl House ends so be on the lookout for that if you want to hear my thoughts on the finales.

Sometimes it takes me longer to write a chapter because I don't have as much free time, I didn't think this one would take three weeks, but I got really busy at work. The other thing that took a while was writing one of the stories in this chapter (The one with Yunan, Bella, and Amara). For a while, I wasn't going to include it but realized we still hadn't had any interaction between Amara and Yunan and wanted to have something with them, before the finale. Also, the title of that story is a reference to something, and I'd love to see if you can figure out what it is.

Oh, you also may want to have "Corridors of Time" on standby, as it's played at various points throughout the chapter. It's not necessary, but if you want to enhance the mood a bit then feel free to play it when it says so in the story. There's another song you'll need to, but I don't want to spoil it, I'll let you know when to play that song in the chapter.

With that out of the way, here we go!

Hopes and Dreams: Part 1

Amara threw the book she was reading against the wall in frustration.

Another dead end, she thought, uggh is there really nothing that can be done? Why can't I find anything about how to cure a curse?

As she lay down in her bed Amara rubbed her temples trying to calm herself down and think clearly. For several minutes she simply lay there staring at the ceiling, trying to decompress. Though after a while she sat back up not any more relaxed. Finally, she pulled out her harp and began to play music in an attempt to calm herself down.

Playing music always helped me, thought Amara and this song in particular helps clear my mind, which is what I feel I need right now.

Amara continued to play guiding herself into a more relaxed state. She didn't even realize how tired she was, and after a few minutes put down her harp and fell asleep.

When Amara woke up she recognized the world she was in. She had been here before, the area felt like a void of some kind, though it wasn't black or empty it was filled with stars as far as the eye could see. Amara remembered the last time she had come here and she could hear that magical song that she and Gustav had played before. She could hear it playing around her seemingly coming from everywhere. Though eventually the song became more focused and seemed to be coming from one specific point. Amara walked towards that point, which was admittedly hard as everything looked the same, but she pressed on. As she continued walking she started to hear a different song, she had heard this song before in her first trip to this strange place and suddenly remembered meeting a figure when she had first come here. As the music kept playing a new figure emerged, seemingly from out of the air, in front of Amara. She recognized the figure immediately for it was wearing a red cloak that hid its identity. The figure was also playing what looked like a violin, the song she was playing was the one that Amara had been hearing as she walked to this place. Finally, the figure turned around and noticed Amara stopping her song and giving a light gasp.

"You, I've seen you before," said the cloaked figure.

"Yes, I thought I was dreaming, maybe I still am," said Amara.