Chapter 43: Hop 'Til You Drop

Hope you are all doing well! This will be the last chapter I publish this year, and all things considered, it's been a pretty good year for me. I really do enjoy writing this story, and I'm grateful for both how popular it has become and that people seem to really enjoy it! The TV Tropes page for this fic really expanded this year, and I got a cool new cover image for the fic that was made by the author of Universe Falls. So, yeah, I'd say it's been a good year! Shout-out both to MiniJenn for the image and to all the people working on the TV Tropes page. Thank you for all that you do! I truly appreciate it!!!

Speaking of which, the page now has a WMG section. Thank you to matteso585 for adding that! If you'd like to make your own guesses about what you think might happen in the future, then feel free to do so! At this point, I've basically planned out most of the major points for how this fic will go. I'm especially interested to see who you think is going to be kidnapped from the Boiling Isles. Though based on a few messages some of you have sent me, I think quite a few of you have already guessed at least one of those people...

I am thinking a bit more seriously about trying to work on that novel I started again, and I thought that there is no reason I couldn't release it in a similar manner to how I write this fanfiction. A chapter at a time, maybe even on DeviantArt. I'll probably make a post talking more about that on DA, so keep a lookout for that. Again, if you like this fic and want to stay updated on its status and read some of my original writings, then please follow me on DeviantArt if you have an account there.

Last thing, I wanted to give another shout-out to R-Doll. He gave me the idea for the charm that Luz wears in this chapter. He and I had talked a bit about Luz's new look in this chapter, and he suggested one new accessory for her could be a small purple charm. I liked the idea and decided instead of simply having it be a thing she just has, it could be acquired in this chapter and be a nice little Luzanne moment too, so thanks for that idea, R-Doll!

With all that out of the way, here we go!

"Okay, so looking at your X-ray, it seems your bones are setting quite well," said the doctor as she looked at the image. "I think we should be fine to take that cast off in another two weeks."

"That's so good to hear!" said Luz, letting out a sigh. "It's been rough being able to only use one arm. I'll be glad to be able to use both again."

The doctor looked at Luz's medical chart. "For the most part, you seem okay, though I noticed some brain trauma on your CT scan."

"Yeah, I was in a coma for a few days," admitted Luz sheepishly, "but I woke up on my own, so I think I'm okay."

The doctor leafed through her papers, looking for Luz's CT scan. "Yes, I see. There doesn't seem to be any permanent damage, and you passed the cognitive test, so it looks like everything is good." She continued studying the scan, but didn't see anything that caused her to worry.

"Aside from that, according to your blood test, you seem a little malnourished. It looks like you've lost some weight. I'm sure returning to a normal diet will solve that problem," said the doctor.

"Trust me, I feel great!" said Luz.

"Is there anything else we need to know?" asked Camila.

The doctor looked one more time at Luz's X-ray, her medical report, and her scan before saying, "No, I think we're done for the day. You can go."

Luz cheered and jumped off the exam table, almost flying out the door. Camila went after her, but the doctor held her back.

"I just wanted to know," she began. "I was looking through Luz's medical records, and I didn't see a treatment for her getting her cast. Do you know where she got it?"