Chapter 45: Fixing Frobo

Alright things are moving right along. Hope you all are doing well! Before we begin, I wanted to give a shout-out to Spiritgamer for his fanfic "Calamitous Intervention" It's an interesting take on both shows that has Luz and Anne swap places right at the start of their journey (Anne going to the Boiling Isles and Luz going to Amphibia) It's a very cool story and I like the changes he's made with both characters. It's on both fanfiction and Ao3. You should definitely check it out while you're waiting for me to update this story.

One other thing I wanted to mention since some of you asked me about this, I always imagined Bella was younger and not in her 20's. There's some discussion of that in this chapter, but basically in olden days before school as we know it was a thing people used to go to college when they were younger. Colleges/Universities have been around for a lot longer than high schools. If you look it up, in the 1800's people went as young as 14. Since Amphibia seems to be a kind of pre-industrial society (at least in the present) I always imagined that it was the same there. So yeah in my mind Bella and Amara are closer in age and Bella is not that much older than her, she went to college younger and thus graduated younger.

Oh one more thing, the song used in the early part of the chapter is "Liztomania" by Phoenix

I think that's all I got, so on with the show!

"Sprig what were you thinking?!" yelled Anne at the pink frog.

"I was trying to get your mom to like me," said Sprig, "I wanted to make sure the catering delivery went smooth."

"Okay, but you just disappeared! We had no idea where you were!" exclaimed Anne.

"You made Anne worry about you!" said Oum coming up to Sprig with a scowl on her face, "I worried about you too, how dare you make us worry like that!

"Yeah dude!" said Anne joining in, "We already have enough to worry about, I don't want to add you missing to that. Why did you sneak into that delivery guy's car?

"So I could help deliver that big catering order," said Sprig, "and hey it went great, so you're welcome."

Both Anne and Oum slapped their faces in frustration.

"That's not the point dude," continued Anne, "you can't just hop into a stranger's car, humans are all different, what if this one wanted to kidnap you and sell you to the zoo!"

"Oh well it wasn't a stranger," said Sprig, "it's that nice driver guy who picked us up when we first arrived in your world." Sprig pointed outside the restaurant to where Bee was talking with the driver. Anne looked and saw it was indeed the same one from before.

"Oh..." said Anne breathing a sigh of relief as she realized Sprig was in no danger, "but even still dude, please don't do that in the future."

"I can see why you are worried for them," said Oum putting a hand on Anne's shoulder, "they really good at getting into trouble."

"But Mrs. B, the catering order went well," said Sprig, "we had to drive really far, but we got the food there on time!"

"You're still gonna get an earful for this..." began Mrs. Boonchuy, "...wait why are you smiling?"

Sprig looked at Mrs. Boonchuy his eyes beginning to water, "You're scolding me....which means....WE'RE FAMILY!!!"

Sprig made another noise before jumping up into Oum's arms hugging her tightly, which confused her.

"What is this about?" asked Oum confused.

"This is why I wanted to help you so much!" cried Sprig tears in his eyes, "I don't want to just be a guest to you Mrs. B. I want to be family!"