Chapter 8: A Photo, A Box, and A Mirror

Okay, not much to say about this chapter, but I did want to say thank you to all of you who leave reviews. I appreciate them, and it's always good to know how people react to the things you write. Seems like this story is gaining some steam. So last month, this story got VERY close to 2,000 views in a month. That was pretty cool, as I've never had a story become that popular. Wonder if perhaps I can break 2,000 views in a month. Guess we'll see. I hope that if you do enjoy this story, you will share it with other fans of both Amphibia and Owl House. At the end of the day, that is who I write it for, and I hope I can make this crossover as great as I can. Hope you all are staying safe.

So hey, those of you reading this in the future! I've decided to add a note about something in the last chapter that a lot of people have asked me about. If you're coming back to this story, you'll notice I added this.

I wanted to clear up something about Luz having a crush on Anne. You see, my headcanon for this is that in this setting, Anne is the first gay crush Luz has ever had, which is why she's a bit nervous and awkward about it. I understand that in regular canon, Luz is comfortable being Bi and is clearly aware she's Bi. My guess is that she's obviously known about her sexuality for a while by the time canon Owl House starts. Since this story is set a bit in the past, Luz hasn't had that feeling yet, so that's why in the last chapter and in this one, Luz is nervous because, up until now, she's never had a gay crush before.

Just wanted to clear that up. Now on with the show!

Luz Noceda sat on her bed in her room, thinking. She had been doing a lot of that over the past few weeks. She had also spent a lot of time on the internet, searching various terms and even chatting (anonymously) with various people online. Luz had been asking a lot of questions about herself ever since that incident at the sleepover two weeks ago. She still couldn't quite explain it, but somehow she found herself attracted to Anne.

What was most puzzling about this was the fact that she had never before felt an attraction to a female. Luz had watched a great deal of anime and had always found herself attracted to the guys in it, especially that one anime about alchemy. She had played many games and was again drawn to the male heroes, especially that one where a great evil known as Sin was going to destroy the whole world. Heck, she had even written a fanfiction in which her self insert OC character had made out with the Prince from Azura (in very long and descriptive detail). Why, all of a sudden, did she now find herself attracted to Anne?

These feelings had been weird, but what was even weirder was that school was starting tomorrow. It would be the first time Luz would see Anne since the sleepover. Luz wondered how she would react. Would Anne say something to her? Should she say something to Anne? Many questions replayed in her head over and over. Luz turned her attention to her computer, where she had read a few stories online about various people who had "come out" to their friends and family. Some stories were sad, with their parents getting angry or even disowning them. Some were happy, with their parents and friends saying they already knew or didn't care (in a good way). One particularly funny story had a parent reply to their son coming out as gay by responding, "Oh, come on, I don't care about that. I thought you were going to tell me you were a Republican!" Luz had chuckled at that one.

In her head, Luz tried to think of what she would tell her mother. Luz was pretty certain she wasn't gay. Her research on the internet led her to believe that she was, in fact, bisexual. What would her mother think? Her mother was a pretty progressive person in her attitudes and politics, but she had also been raised Catholic, and the Catholic Church was, at best, trying to have it both ways, saying gays were "god's children", but still refusing to honor or perform gay marriages. It seemed as though Luz's life had gotten a lot more complicated since that night at the sleepover.