Chapter 31: The First Temple

Greetings, All! So, here we are, starting Arc 4. First thing to let you know is that from now on, I will be updating both versions of this story at the same time. So no matter where you read it, it will be current.

Next, I'd like to give some more shout-outs to people who have reviewed the story. Samtastic 3.0, Dylano Rev, and R-Doll. Thank you all for your many and extensive reviews. Special shout-out to Sarcasm Sage 626 and thenightslayer, who, if I'm not mistaken, reviewed every chapter in this fic so far. Thanks to all of you!!! I always enjoy reading reviews! It keeps me motivated to continue writing!

Also, I will soon have some images of the Amphibian OC characters. Check my DeviantArt page for that. I'll give a shout-out to the artist and let you know in the chapter notes when those are ready.

One quick thing to mention is that I no longer have access to Disney Channel on cable. Not really a huge loss, but it does mean I can't watch new episodes on the day they air. No worries, though. I still have Disney+, so I'll just have to wait and see the episodes when they are uploaded there. Hopefully, I won't have to wait too long. I bring this up so that you know I can't watch new episodes when they air now. I promise I will watch the new episodes as soon as I can.

So the poll is closed, and I was honestly surprised at what happened, because for a long time, the choices were neck and neck, then after I posted the last one shot, one choice seemed to explode in popularity and became the front runner. As for which choice won, well, you'll find out at the end of this arc...

Now let's get things started!

A girl all alone, or soon she will be

She's moving away with her family you see

She wants to continue to have so much fun!

With all of her friends, united as one!

Will she still have adventures, forevermore?

Or will her friends learn the truth? Here in Arc four

Arc 4: Gem Journey

On most mornings, breakfast at the Plantar table was a regular affair. This morning, however, saw a bit more excitement than usual for two reasons. The first was that Luz Noceda, Anne's final friend who had been transported to Amphibia with her, was with them. The other was a reason that Anne was particularly glad for as she bit into her pancakes.

"Who knew there was a bug that tasted just like chocolate?!" exclaimed Anne in delight. "Why didn't anyone tell me sooner?!"

"So I take it you've had to adopt some of the local cuisines into your diet?" asked Luz playfully.

"Yes," replied Anne in a deadpan voice. "How about you?"

"Well, for the first few days, after I got taken in by Uodeela, I tried to stick to eating only vegetables and bread," said Luz, "but it turns out the human body needs protein, and here... Well, there's only one real way to get it. I think I've become partial to crickets."

"Oh yeah, me too," said Anne. "Think I even have one stuck between my teeth from last night."

"The first time I tried bugs was when Lilly and I shared a Cricket Pie," recounted Luz. "We bought it from a stall in town one night and decided to share it. It actually wasn't that bad. I think the veggies and the crust help to complement the cricket taste. These pancakes are bomb, though!"

"Hop Pop, you never let us have choco-pede pancakes. What's going on?" asked Polly.

"Well, I figure today is a special occasion," said Hop Pop. "What, with Luz staying with us, I figure we all deserve a nice breakfast."