Chapter 12: The Witch of the Wilds

So, apparently, I need to clear something up. I thought I was being obvious in the last chapter, but just in case I wasn't, Uodeela and her apprentices are Amphibia's counterparts to Eda, Willow, Gus, and Amity. Now they aren't one-to-one the exact same characters, and I think that will be more apparent as the fic goes on. I got this idea after re-watching the "Wax Museum" episode, and I thought, "Wouldn't it be interesting to see counterparts to Owl House characters? And that could be who Luz interacts with when she goes to Amphibia!" Now there won't be a counterpart for every Owl House Character, but I'll see which ones I can work in. Also, my headcanon is that King Andrias and Emperor Belos are counterparts of each other.

So let's talk a little bit about Uodeela (pronounced with a long "o" sound so it would be "oo-dee-la") Her name is based on the scientific order that salamanders are classified into, called "Urodela". I considered just using that as her name, but it didn't sound quite right, so I played around with it, and that's how I got "Uodeela." Secondly, she is a Red Salamander. If you do an image search for "Red Salamander", you can see what species she's based on and what it looks like. So try to imagine an anthropomorphic Red Salamander that looks like Eda from Owl House, and you have Uodeela. Also, I imagine that she uses her tail a lot as a third hand. I get the feeling that Uodeela is always carrying a lot of stuff. She stores things in her hair (like Eda) and would use her tail a lot to retrieve items in her hair before passing them to one of her hands. I figured it had to be a "red" salamander, considering the color of her dress, and she would, of course, still be voiced by Wendie Malick. All the counterparts would still keep their original voice actors.

One more thing. In this chapter, I'm going to speculate a bit about how magic works in Amphibia, specifically how Uodeela will wield it. If this turns out to be wrong, then, well, sorry. Again, maybe I should have waited, but I really wanted to write this story. Here's hoping I'm right, or at least close to the mark.

So that's all I've got for now. Hope you are all enjoying the story!

Uodeela stared at Luz, then pulled an object from her hair. The object looked like a magnifying glass of some kind and used it to look Luz over. It extended an extra set of lenses and came very close to Luz. After a few minutes of scanning Luz through the device, she finally stopped.

"I must say, in all my years of wandering the Amphibian wilds, I've never seen such a creature," she said. "Here, I thought I had seen and heard it all."

"She said she was called a human," said Lilly.

"Human," said Uodeela pensively. "Now that is bringing something back. Yes, I haven't seen a human in the flesh before, but I have seen a picture of one a long time ago."

"You have?!" said Luz excitedly. This was the first good news she'd heard in a while. Maybe this witch could help her.

"The picture did not really look like you, though," said Uodeela. "You look a bit small and skinny compared to the picture I saw. That's why I wasn't sure if that's what you were."

"When did you see a picture of a human?" asked Amara, intrigued.