Chapter 20: Mist Reunion (End of Arc 2)

While I don't expect everyone who follows or favorited this story to review every chapter (I understand that's a huge commitment), I hope some more of you might throw this chapter a review as we are once again at the end of an arc. You can let me know what you thought of this chapter or the entire arc as a whole! Even if you only check in every 10 chapters, I would still appreciate it. But in any case, here we are at the end of Arc 2. I hope you've enjoyed  the ride so far, and hope you're looking forward to more!

Stay tuned at the end for more information.

Many Months Ago

Luz's Room

Luz had just gotten home after her first day at school—a day that had gone much better than expected. Against all odds, she had made not just one but three new friends, though it was Anne that she was currently thinking about. That conversation they had over being the first generation in their families formed a connection that she had never felt with anyone before. Luz raced to finish her homework and change her clothes so she could give Anne a call, as she wanted to talk with her some more.

Luz finished her assignments and decided to give Anne a call. After a few rings, she answered.

"What's the sitch?" she said.

"Hey, Anne. It's Luz!" said Luz.

"Oh, hey. Good to hear from you, Luz!" replied Anne. "Hang on a sec. Can I call you back?"

"Oh, sure," said Luz. The phone hung up, and Luz waited for Anne to call back. A few moments later, she did, though Luz noticed she was doing a video call. For a second, she hesitated to answer, wondering if she looked okay, but then decided to take the call.

Anne was smiling as she looked at Luz over their video call. "Hey, Luz. How are ya?"

"I'm great," replied Luz. "Just a little surprised that you wanted to do a video call."

"Oh, well, I figured that this way we could not only talk, but we could give each other a virtual tour of our rooms," said Anne.

"Hmmm, well, to be honest, I've never even given a real tour of my room," began Luz, "on account of never having had any friends over..."

"That's okay," said Anne. "I'll go first if you want."

"Yeah, go ahead. It will give me time to prepare," said Luz.

Anne picked up her phone and moved it around so Luz could see what she had in her room. "So first, over here, I have a poster for The Legend of Korra. I figured you'd like that. Next over here, I have my Gameboy. I have a good collection of games for it, though one of my favorites is Pokemon. Oh, check out my stuffed animals. My two favorites are Flamingo and Gila Monster. Gila Monster secretly has a crush on Flamingo but can't bring himself to tell her. Over here is my desk with my computer, which has my music on it. Oh, hey, what kind of music do you listen to?"

"Eh, I have some really weird tastes," said Luz. "Probably bands you haven't heard of."

"Well, tell me anyway. I want to know," said Anne.

"I like Mana. They're kind of old school, but my mom grew up listening to them. She'd play their songs in the car, so I got into them that way. Alejandra Alberti is another one. She sings in Spanish. Oh, I really like Nightwish, though that was mostly because I watched a lot of AMVs where people used their music."

"Oh, I've heard of them," said Anne. "Yeah, I'd be willing to bet that any anime that has a lot of action and fight scenes in it has had at least one AMV made with a Nightwish song."