Chapter 35: Barrel's Warhammer

So I wanted to say it's good to see there are a lot more crossovers of Owl House and Amphibia out there now. I remember when I started this fic there was only one other story in this category (at least on fanfiction.net). In fact, that was part of what motivated me to write it because I was so surprised that there were so few stories in this category I thought "Well why not take a shot at it and create my own." Now that there are more, and I figured I'd give a shout-out to some of them.

The Owlphibia (fanfiction.net) series are two one-shots where in the first one Luz, Eda, and King go into the world of Amphibia, and in the second (which takes place after True Colors) Anne and the Plantars are transported to the Boiling Isles. It's a nice little series that I feel is pretty good.

The Fourth Light (fanfiction.net) is an interesting take on a crossover in that it happens after the events of Owl House (the author made up an ending where everything works out for the heroes) and then we have Luz teaming up with Anne in order to save Amphibia. It's actually a sequel to another story that is just in Amphibia (One Small Change) and I think it's pretty enjoyable.

A Lost Owl (Ao3) is another crossover that starts with Luz appearing in Amphibia during the events of Reunion, herself having been pulled into the world while fighting Belos in Young Blood, Old Souls. I warn you this fic is a bit dark, and has a lot more emotional trauma in it. But I feel it's a good read.

Finally, Shared Home (Ao3) is one that just started but the concept looks promising as it has Anne and Luz swap places after having adjusted to their lives in their worlds. Looking forward to seeing what happens with that one.

Aside from all that I hope you all are doing great!

In the halls of the North Tower deep in the Northern Territory of Amphibia whispers and murmurs echoed around the room. For the first time in many generations, the Toad Lords had agreed to a meeting. A meeting that Grime and Sasha had called for weeks ago. There were representatives from every major area of Amphibia with the Toad Lords themselves seated on the high seats near the center of the chamber. No one seemed to know why or for what purpose this meeting had been called, so there was much speculation as to why.

"So the disgraced Captain Grime called this council meeting," said Captain Bufo, "does anyone have any idea why?"

"Maybe he wants to be surrounded by friends when he gets arrested," speculated Beatrix, "what do you think Aldo?"

The toad identified as Aldo didn't move, a bug crawled across his face giving the appearance that he was dead.

"Uh is he asleep or dead?" asked Bufo.

"Definitely smells dead," replied Beatrix, causing Bufo to laugh at her comment. The two continued laughing as a face peaked through the curtain from the stage. Braddock came back behind the curtain, worried by what she saw.

"Not exactly a welcoming crowd," she said to her associates.

Sasha wasn't perturbed by this news, "Don't worry once they see our idea they'll be begging to be a part of it."

"Are you sure this idea is going to go over well?" asked Gustav, "I've studied Toad History, the Toads haven't united in centuries, we know that uniting like this would send a clear message to Andrias. If he hears that we've united he's going to start preparing for war."

"Yeah, well I doubt he could actually beat us," said Sasha, "besides, toads like ruling things, why hasn't anyone ever thought about just taking over Amphibia and kicking that old newt out?"