Chapter 21: Sasha's Story

Okay, so I'm back. A lot has happened since the last time I updated. I already talked a lot about it in the "previous" version of this chapter, so I won't repeat that here. I do want to say thank you again to all of you who gave me advice about how to proceed. Especially those of you who reminded me that it was MY story and I needed to tell it MY way. I may have said this before, but it bears repeating. I never expected this story to get so popular. It's worried me a little because I want to make sure and keep up the quality of the writing, but sometimes I'm scared I won't be able to. I've had confidence and self-esteem issues my whole life, so I'll try to have more confidence in my writing, and I hope I continue to impress you.

So a few things. #1. I have an account on DeviantArt now! I got it because someone drew some fanart of this fic and I wanted to thank them personally, but you can find me on there now (I use the same name). #2. I've gone back and edited some chapters (namely 12, 14, and 15) to include a more complete version of Uodeela's backstory. If you'd like, you should re-read those chapters to see what has changed in terms of her backstory, as it will likely be referenced in future chapters. #3. This story will now be on Ao3 as well. I will be uploading the chapters to that site. If you've been following the story here but only had an account on Ao3, you can now follow and comment on it there.

Finally, instead of a music video for 100 reviews, I have something else planned. This will be a celebration of not only 100 reviews but, as of now, 100 followers and 100 favorites (which for me is a pretty big deal!) Hopefully, it will be ready around July, so check my YouTube channel for it! Don't want to say what it is just yet, as I want to keep it a surprise...

A girl all alone, all full of rage

She's been this way from a young age

She tries to control all that she sees

A honey-sweet voice brings all to their knees

Why is she like this? Can she ever be free?

That answer and more, here in Arc three

Arc 3: Trials and Toads

Sasha looked carefully around the armory of Toad Tower. The armory was stocked with all manner of weapons, as well as various armor sets for the toad. Grime had brought her here to pick out some new clothes, as he figured if Sasha was going to serve as his second in command, she needed something that spoke to that. Sasha herself was glad for the chance to get some new clothes. Her St. James uniform had been worn ragged from the time she had spent in the toad prison, and it had further been damaged in her recent fight with the herons. As she pulled off her jean jacket, she noticed just how damaged it was, with rips and holes all over it. Sasha pulled out various pieces of armor, giving them a quick look to see if any of them suited her. She tried on a few pieces, but as they were mostly sized for larger toads, they didn't fit her slender frame.

"Sorry, I suppose I should have realized that most of these armor sets are too big for you," said Grime.

"You toads are all short and squat," commented Sasha. "I don't suppose you have any ones that were skinny like me?"