ғᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

I don't know why I was so defensive, I'll find a way to let you in

―⋆ ⭒⭒⭒ ⋆―

I don't wake up alone.

There's traces of Jungkook everywhere around me as his warm body lays by my side. I woke up a few times during the night, finding him there when I looked up. I guess I needed reassurance out of fear that he was going to disappear.

I stare at him for a while, outlining his features as he sleeps. It's still early, and a warm feeling bathes at the pit of my stomach when I think about spending a few more hours like this, without any worries and at a complete peace. 

I feel him move and he looks up just for a moment before pulling me closer and I fold into his chest. It's still early, but I feel the content that brings me back to slumber until I wake up again a whole lot later.

The sun is out, peeking through the blinds and I look up slowly before stretching my body out. I hastily sit up when I realize I'm by myself.

My chest tightens for a moment before I look around to find his shirt laying on the floor and I hear sounds coming from the kitchen. A breath leaves me. He didn't go anywhere.

I stand up and put my panties and his shirt on before making my way over to the bathroom and brush my teeth. Involuntarily, a smile pulls on my face.

After that, I walk downstairs, seeing him behind the stove as a smell of food brings me to hunger. The sight is something new.

Jungkook turns as he hears me approach, leaning down to press a kiss to my lips. Another surprise I didn't expect.

"You're making food?" I smile with amusement.

"I am. Sit your ass down." He points to the counter beside him and I hop on it. I watch him as he puts the food on two plates, pushing one to my hold and leaving one on the counter beside me.

"You didn't answer my question last night," I say after a little while, watching his mood drop again. "I'm gonna keep asking you. I want to know."

"I left because I took advantage of you. It wasn't right," He says, not looking at me. "It only made you want to get back. I couldn't let you do that."

I'm surprised that he would say that because I was the one making the first move. I wanted it just the same, and to know that he grew distant while thinking it was his fault breaks my heart.

"You didn't take advantage of me. Do you really think that?" I shift and put my plate down, suddenly trying to be as close to him as possible.

"You were in a... vulnerable position." Jungkook clears his throat.

"It doesn't matter. I wasn't drunk. I knew what I was doing."

"I still shouldn't have let you."

"Why?"

"You got more attached."

"But I wasn't the only one." I say, making him stop and lean on the counter. "Listen...I know that it's hard for you. You're not used to this affection. But I just want you to accept the facts and let me love you. Because you deserve all of my love and you'll have it for as long as I'm here."

I step in front of him I put my hands around his neck. "Embrace whatever you feel because I feel it a hundred times more."

He looks away, trying to prevent his smile. I lean up to his ear. "You should smile more. It makes you look sexy."

"Stop." He grins and I know he's trying his best to prevent it. "That's too much for one day."

"We'll take this slow until you're openly ready to tell me I'm your favorite person ever."

"You are." He whispers into my ear.

I gasp. "What? Did I just hear you say it?"

"You didn't hear shit." He lifts me up.

"No, wait. Say it again." I slap his ass, making him slap mine.

"Jungkook!" I laugh as he spins around, making my hair fly. He hooks his hands under my armpits and lifts me up in the air, an amused smile on his face as I giggle. He lowers me to kiss my mouth, then puts me down on the chair.

"Eat." He brings me back the plate. I watch him for a moment.

"But you're getting a little soft spot for me, aren't you?" I ask, grinning.

"Don't know what you're talking about." He says then, acting clueless.

"Hm," I smile. "Can I ask you a favor?"

He juts his head.

"Can you meet Evelyn?"

"For what?"

"She's my friend." I say, coming to his side. "I told her I'm married because I can't keep on lying to her."

He turns around, but doesn't say anything. I keep my hand on the edge of the counter and lean on it.

"Don't give me shit about telling her. I didn't mention anything else." I say quickly. "So what do you say?"

He's quiet for a moment. "Alright. But we're not staying long."

"Okay. Thank you." I jump up and kiss his cheek, about to walk past him to grab some juice. "Oh. Did Jimin tell you where I am?"

Jungkook nods and I can only imagine how that went down. I don't blame Jimin, he probably didn't have a choice anyway, but right now I can only thank him for it because Jungkook is finally willing to stay.

We eat our breakfast before I watch Jungkook wash the dishes and go upstairs. I follow him, waiting as he gets dressed. It's messing with my head.

"What's gonna happen to us now?" I ask once I walk closer, wrapping my arms around him from behind and placing a kiss between his shoulder blades.

I feel him sigh as he slides his arms through his shirt, waiting to put in on once I let him go. "I'll come back to you."

"When?"

Jungkook turns around and studies me.

"Every day." He says, warming up my heart. His hands wrap over my forearms as he makes me sit on the bed and crouches down before me.

"I won't let go of my job." He deadpans. "So I'm giving you a choice."

"Did Jimin tell you to say that?" I laugh softly once he sends me a glare.

"I won't quit what I'm doing entirely. I'll handle other stuff and won't put myself in danger for the sake of you if it's not necessary."

Now I'm convinced Jimin had something to do with this.

"Did you practice that?" I tease him and I see I'm making him annoyed. I'm well aware, but it's a little funny. He stands up and sits down on the bed, sighing.

"Sorry." I laugh and sit on his lap. "I'm happy that's what you decided. And that you're finally including me."

"So you forgive me? You'll be... with me?" He asks and I can see he's feeling a little awkward since he brushes his nose with his thumb, keeping his gaze on the floor.

"I forgive you and I'll stay with you forever. I love you." I press my lips against his, feeling a hint of a smile.