ɴɪɴᴇ

The demons we're running from,
they're begging to stay

―⋆ ⭒⭒⭒ ⋆―

I feel uncomfortable knowing that Jungkook's on the bed, not too far from me. He didn't change into something more comfortable and he keeps a gun by his side. His legs are crossed at the ankles and even though it's dark, I can just feel the shivers of him watching me.

I know I made a mistake earlier when I tried to escape again. He's making sure I don't do it again now. For the past hour, I kept on trying to force myself to sleep, but it doesn't happen. Sleep just won't come to me, so instead, I can't stop thinking about his words, or about what Jimin said.

My father and a thief does not go hand in hand. My whole life I thought that he's an angel. I still do, but the doubt they poured on me is still present. I know Jungkook isn't fond of him, so maybe he just wants me to be on his side, but it was all too convincing for him to just make it up.

He knows how to manipulate. My brain presses schorchingly, and I shut my eyes closed tightly.

I don't know.

I don't know.

What I need is to see my father. I have to talk to him and get out of here as soon as possible. He's the only one that I'm sure won't lie to me, and I really want to hear some truth over the twisting answers I've been listening to up until this point. I just hope that i can find a way to contact him soon.

|||

"What do you want?" a voice snaps from the other line, picking the phone up immediately after the first ring.

"Do we need to have a talk about your tone again or have you forgotten who's holding the strings here?" Jungkook speaks lowly, holding the phone up to his ear.

"You can't do shit to me. What do you want?"

"I have my eyes on Raina. It wasn't that difficult to find her. You made it sound as if she's on the other side of the world."

"Get her name out of your filthy mouth, Jeon."

"You gave the ring to her. Smart move." Jungkook nods to himself.

"Leave her alone. She doesn't have anything to do with this. I don't want you to get close to her."

Jungkook laughs mockingly. "When was the last time you gave her a call?"

Silence falls upon them for a moment, realization filling the man's mind. "What did you do? Where is my daughter!?" Chris yells through the phone, making a low chuckle elude from Jungkook's lips. He's sitting behind his uncle's desk, tongue gliding over his lips and he seems to be enjoying being the causer of frustration that he's putting on the man.

"In my bed." Jungkook smirks to himself, prepping his legs on the desk as he leans back in the leather chair, impressed by how furious the man is getting.

"I swear you're going to regret this."

"If you try anything, she dies." Jungkook graces the corner of his lips with his tongue again, twirling the gun with his free hand as he glances around the dimly lit room.

"Let her go you sick bastard!"

Jungkook laughs and stands up. "If you don't bring me the money in two days, I'll make sure you watch her die." Slowly, he makes his way back upstairs. "You understand?"

"Let her go and I'll bring it to you." Chris begs desperately.

"Doesn't go that way and you know it." Jungkook gets inside his room, walking over to the bed and setting his eyes on Raina whom he had previously moved from the couch. "She looks so peaceful," he chuckles.

"I swear if you touch her-" The man breathes out, losing his mind on the other end.

"Already done." Jungkook lies, dismissing the threats. "Now, you know what I want."

The man stays silent, his furious panting audible from the other line and Jungkook continues, "I'm expecting your call soon, otherwise you can say goodbye to her." Jungkook shoves the phone into his jacket pocket. Momentarily, he doesn't take his gaze from her sleeping figure as the moonlight illuminates her features like canvas. She's in deep slumber, for once not having the hard expression aimed directly at him.

Turning on his feet, Jungkook briskly leaves the room and continues his way down the hall. "The business' taken care of. We're getting the delivery in two hours," he says solemnly, earning a nod from the older man.

"What will you do with the girl?" Don asks.

"The bait is clasped, now we wait," Jungkook says emotionlessly. "If he won't be complying, I'm sending out our men."

"Good." Don speaks, observing for a minute. "Marrying her wasn't a good idea." He raises his one, bushy brow,before dropping the pen. He carefully watches the male in front of him.

"I know what I'm doing." Jungkook speaks lowly.

"I know you do. I just don't want you to fail."

"Have I ever?" Jungkook asks, taking his leave. Walking towards the car, he raises his hand to curl his two fingers and whistles to gain attention from the guards. He waits for them to come closer. "Watch the back if she tries to leave." The two men nod, and Jungkook gets in his car, bringing the engine to life.