ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

Heard you got a heart, let me see

―⋆ ⭒⭒⭒ ⋆―

Entering Jungkook's room once more, I begin to take off my coat. My stomach grumbles in hunger, and I reassure myself with knowing that dinner is coming up in about an hour. My muscles are so tense that I could dive into a bath before that, but unfortunately, this house doesn't own one.

I can't even describe in words to say how I'm feeling, but one thing that I stand behind is that I've never, in my entire life, felt this much amount of stress before. Not even while performing surgeries.

It doesn't take long before Jungkook comes in, shaking my mind into a frenzy. "Why are you back?" he asks, but I ignore him, taking some things out of my box. I know that he's watching my movements, but I couldn't care less right now.

"Answer me," He says, and I keep on with my silence. I know that he's getting agitated, and he walks closer to grab my arm and harshly turn me around.

"It's nice being ignored, huh? You do that to me all the time." I yank my arm out of his grip and send him a nasty glare. "I got fired," I say. "Because of you. Does that finally make you happy?"

His gaze moves away for a split second before he glances back at me, brushing his thumb over the tip of his nose, but doesn't say anything in return. 

"You don't care. Why am I not surprised?" I scoff, turning away from him.

"Come with me."

"I'm not going anywhere." I throw a picture frame across his bed, glad that it doesn't break. The faces of my mother and father, happily smiling, are on it and at this moment it's the only thing here that I need to keep close so that I don't completely break.

"Right now. I'm not saying it again." Jungkook grips on my arm as I stare at him coldly. I'm used to his harsh demeanor by now, but manage to free myself from his rough touch to walk behind him. Tears begin to well in my eyes and I don't even try to hold them back. I cry silently as we walk down the hallway, knowing that I'm breaking into pieces while everything around me is like an invisible wall. It traps me behind it, making it impossible for anyone else to see my struggles, and the feeling of loneliness pushes me deeper into thinking that there is no way out of this place ever again.

"This boy is a problem! He's acting like a child!" I hear Elise's voice echoing from one of the rooms, and think that her words must be about Jimin, but since Jungkook doesn't mention anything, I put it at the back of my mind as well. I'm about to walk forward when Jungkook yanks me back. "Watch your mouth, yeah?"

"Or what?" I test, still pissed at him. I cautiously eye his fingers wrapped tightly around my wrist and Jungkook throws me an unimpressed look before swiftly pushing me forward.

"Or you die."

I can only scoff at his empty threats, not knowing what's coming next, but as soon as my eyes land on a familiar person, all breath gets caught in my throat.

"Dad?" I say weakly, making both him and Don snap their heads around. A smile brings itself onto my lips and I walk towards him, quickly pulling him into a hug. I see Don looking behind me, and I know Jungkook's still standing there, but I don't mind any of it. Seeing my dad fuels my wilingness to push through everything bad, and my tears fall all over again, this time mixing with happiness.

"I missed you so much." I whisper, overwhelmed, but once we pull away, he worriedly inspects my face. "Are you alright? Did they hurt you?" He begins questioning, amidst glancing up at Jungkook.