ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ᴘᴛ. 2

Six years after

―⋆ ⭒⭒⭒ ⋆―

"Remember what I said, always aim for the middle."

"Okay, daddy." The voice of my six year old sounds, his determined expression making me crack a small smile. I lean on the doorframe that leads to our backyard and cross my arms above my pregnant belly.

My eyes are fixed on Jungkook who's crouched behind Min Jun. He keeps his little arms extended in front of him, holding a neon green squirting gun while Jungkook is carefully assisting him, helping with a good aim towards the round target that's put up in front of them.

"Alright, ready?"

Min Jun nods eagerly, making a small smile emerge on Jungkook's lips.

"Good, now shoot."

Min Jun presses the small plastic trigger, making the water surge out and splash directly at the target. Jungkook lifts him up and twirls him around before planting the little boy over his shoulder while shouting praises. Min Jun's giggles roam in the air and Jungkook's gaze suddenly lifts. He smiles sheepishly, freezing once his eyes land on me.

"Hey," He slowly puts down our son and tells him to go play before he strides over to me. I see that he wasn't expecting to be caught since I was supposed to still be sleeping and I tilt my head a little.

"It's just a water gun. He's not gonna see a real one for a long time." He quickly begins explaining and an amused expression lingers on my face.

"He's never going to see a real one at all," I say. "Stop teaching him how to shoot."

"He's already a professional," Jungkook laughs lightly and my brow slowly raises, warning him. He quickly notices my discomfort with it and comes closer, wrapping both arms around me and lowering his face to brush our noses together. "I promise, nothing will happen."

"I know, but still," I say softly, pressing my lips on his own for a small kiss before he leans down, now focused on my belly.

"How's our little Ari doing?" He asks excitedly, tone very loving as his hands tenderly glide along my skin. I've been noticing that he's getting impatient for her to arrive and I find it so endearing. He's been a great father to Min Jun and I know that Ari will get the same kind of love from him.

"Good. We had a very hearty breakfast and now we want something sweet." I reply and walk to the kitchen.

"Did you rob the whole fridge again in the middle of the night?" Jungkook laughs a little, following me, and I send him a glare over my shoulder.

"Shut up."

"Yes, ma'am," He smiles and leans down to press his lips against mine again. I'm quick to lock my hands around him and we stay embraced for a while, my forehead resting against his.

"Happy birthday," I say quietly, making a small grin spread upon his lips and his eyes sparkle brightly. "My wish for you is that you'll be smiling always. I want this day to be as special as you are. I love you."

"Thank you," Jungkook exhales a chuckle through his nose and cradles my head. "I love you too."

I chuckle back at him, finding joy in the moment before the sound of quick footsteps padding across the floor makes us part again. I see Min Jun running inside, quickly climbing on the bar stool.

"What did I say about running around, baby?" I tilt my head as a stern expression unfolds on my features, yet Min Jun only grins sheepishly before stealing a cookie from the bowl. He's just the same as his father.