ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

I'm never gonna let you close to me, even though you mean the most to me

―⋆ ⭒⭒⭒ ⋆―

For the whole ride, we're silent. I'm feeling this restless sensation in my chest, as if my heart's ripped  in pieces.

He stops in front of my house and doesn't even tell me to get out. He just waits and looks the other way.

"I want do understand you." I almost whisper.

"There's nothing to understand." He says in his low voice, looking at me straight in the eyes. "So don't try to find something that isn't there."

"You're pushing me away." I scoff breathily. "What did I do? Tell me so I'll know."

"A lot of things are your fault." He states simply, making the puzzle pieces grow even more distant apart. "Because of you, I can't think straight anymore."

There's this hidden meaning again. He's acting so hot and cold with me.

He gets out of the car as we get to my house and I round the car to stand in front of him. "You can't blame me for your feelings."

"What happened was a mistake. I should've stopped it when I had the chance."

I have a hard time believing it. Especially when he's looking at me the way he is.

"You're so inconsistent." I scoff. "You want me and then you don't. Make up your mind because I'm tired of it!"

I want to understand him. I really do. But the more I try, more he's distancing himself. He built a wall between us that I'd be grateful for a few months back. But now, I only feel heartbreak.

I don't want him to walk out on me like that. Just for once, he could turn back around and leave his pride to acknowledge his real feelings. But no, he's storming back to his car, leaving me alone again.

The pang in my chest suddenly feels a hundred times worse that I can ever imagine. It weighs me down, stabbing me in the chest as I watch him. I'm defenceless towards his stubborn head because it seems like that's all he's willing to listen. He doesn't want to feel, and it hurts to know that he won't let the feelings win easily.

I watch him drive away, a part of me going back with him. He knows what he did to me and still won't change his mind. I find it ridicolous, but maybe it's that he doesn't know how to love. He doesn't want to. Only to break anyone who gets too close.

But in the end it's not him who gets hurt. It's the one who gets burned with the venom. The misery he brings to pull me in his world of darkness. And once you're in, you can't get out.

|||

"That woman finally left?" Elise smirks, chewing a piece of her food and Jungkook's jaw flexes in an instant from the other end of the table. "It's better that way anyways. She won't make a fool out of this family again."

"She never did anything for you to be saying stuff like that." Jimin begins defending me, voice low as he keeps his eyes on the untouched plate that sits in front of him.

"I'm saying what's true. She wasn't a great addition to the family." The woman shrugs, glancing around.

"Say more, I fucking dare you." Jungkook suddenly drops his utensils and points a gun in her direction, making her eyes widen in fear.