ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ

So, before you go,
Was there something I could've said to make your heart beat better?

―⋆ ⭒⭒⭒ ⋆―

A knock on the door echoes throughout the room, but Jungkook doesn't mind. He sits still while emptying the bottle of alcohol, and spins on the recliner while consumed into a pitch black darkness. Even the moonlight doesn't peek its way inside since it's still far from the level of the window.

"You won't solve anything if you keep on sitting here." Jimin sighs, closing the door after him and blindly walking to the desk to switch on the small light. He sits down on the edge of the desk while watching his cousin drown in his sorrows.

"Raina told me she almost knocked out that guy you sent."

Jungkook nodded with a distant look in his eye. He felt physically weak, and it was all a result of getting attached,  so he found that distance with knowing what it did to her.

"Tell me honestly," Jimin starts. "What are you thinking about? Do you still believe it was a good idea to let her go?"

"I'm the one she needs to be protected from. I made a mistake letting her get too close." It's obvious that if she stayed here longer, he wouldn't be able to control himself anymore. He's too afraid of making another mistake.

It's difficult for him to stop thinking about what happened between them, not once stopping his daydreams. Every night, he can't stop visualizing her, can't forget the vocal reactions to his touch, their undeniable connection. No matter how much want there's still inside of him, he knows it can never happen again.

But his mind doesn't give him peace, because he isn't willing to change even if he loves her. He doesn't know how to be different.

"She needs to forget about me." He meant for her to leave, to start newly like before, but it's already too late now that his heart is slowly melting off that ice. It's all so new that he doesn't know how to handle it.

"You're just afraid." Jimin says. "It's something new for you, I get it. You never had anyone stay that long, but she's different. And I know you're aware of that, so stop pushing her away."

Jungkook throws him a glare, releasing a breath.

"Drop that pride and go to her. I'll help you face this feeling, because I know there's a lot of things you want to say."

Jimin's right, there is a lot to say. But saying it out loud feels so dreadful. So embarrassing. Because there's a thick wall separating two hearts that only pound for each other.

"I'm not ready yet."

"Well, it's a start that you told me that instead of keeping quiet." Jimin chuckles. "She's probably coming to Zoelle's dinner party. Maybe seeing her will help you find your words."

Jungkook let out a ragged breath. "She killed Don because of me."

"I know. But there was a good reason behind it." Jimin says.

"I can imagine what it's done to her head. She's scared."

"Another reason for you to go to her. She needs you."

"You know," Jungkook scoffs out. "All of my life I thought Don was the one who kept our family in place. But then, I find out he worked against all of us for years."

"She'll forgive you. But no matter what else you do, just talk to her. Don't stay quiet. It's about time you fix this mess."

Jungkook nods, staring numbly. That'll be a challenge.

|||

"Yes. Thank you so much." I end the phone call, scribbling something on the paper before going back to settling my things into boxes.

I'm in the process of moving out of this house and as much as I'm excited about it, there's still a lot of connection to this place because it's a house I grew up in with my dad.

It's been about two weeks since Jungkook showed up at my door. He didn't call me after and I haven't seen him since. I keep on telling myself that it's for the best, but every now and then I still can't help but quietly admit to myself that I miss him.

An incoming call interrupts my thoughts and I glance at the screen, my brows immediately drawing together once I see who it is. I pick up, cautiously.

"Hey, Raina. How are you?" Zoelle greets me and I immediately furrow my brows, confused about the sudden call.

"Zoelle?" My brows instantly knit together. "Why are you calling me?"

A sigh leaves her lips, and I drop the pen to lean back on my chair.

"Listen, I know we were never on good terms. I know I was unfair to you and done things that I still regret. And I'm sorry." She begins and I stay silent. "But Jungkook hasn't been the same since you left. I'm worried about him. We all are."

"I don't understand what that has to do with me?" I say lowly, trying not to get my emotions out.

"I'm doing what he's supposed to, but we can agree that he's too stubborn to call you." She sighs.

"I don't need you doing anything for him. If he would want me to come back, he would've said it. Obviously I don't mean that much." I gulp the knot that formed in my throat. "Did you want anything else?"

"Yes, actually. I want you to come to dinner at the Land hotel." She winces, afraid of rejection. "I got a diploma because I finished my studies here. I'm having a little family celebration."

"Oh. Well... Congratulations, Zoelle. But I think I won't be showing up."

"Please." She begs quickly. "Please, I really want you to come."

A large exhale leaves my mouth and I consider it quickly in my head. I want to see Jungkook but again, the uneasiness in me is overwhelming.

"You're actually one of the only people I can think of. I don't have many friends. It would mean a lot if you showed up." Zoelle continues, and I take in her words, thinking.

"Raina?"

"Fine." I give in. "I'll come. When?"

"Thank you." She says, excited about it. "Tomorrow night, seven o'clock."

"I'll see you then."