ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

All my life, I never thought someone would make me feel so high,
but here you are

―⋆ ⭒⭒⭒ ⋆―

It's the third week of my imprisonment. Days are passing slow and my mind is beginning to accept the fact that this is my life now. Dull and unhappy. Jimin comes around every now and then when Jungkook's not at home, and from his carelessness, I know I could've left this house on more than one occasion already. But I don't do it. It's no use.

I've complained to Jungkook a few times on how bored I am, but the only time I can leave the room is at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sometimes I skip them, other times I don't. All I know is that I'll go insane if I remain in here for another week without access outside.

With a melody playing on loop in my head, I then hear distant footsteps, thinking maybe it's Jungkook who walks down the hallway. My assumptions are right when I hear him entering the room and setting his eyes on me. I'm sitting on the chair, no particular emotion consuming my face as I stare down at the floor.

"Let's go," He says, holding the doorknob, and I look up at him in confusion pooling in my eyes.

"What? Where?" I begin my questioning, already reaching for my coat as he turns to leave.

"I'll wait in the car."

I don't waste any more time and swing my bag over my shoulder to hurry after him. "Where are we going? Is it so hard to tell me?" I ask, exasperated as there's no sound, whatsoever, coming from the man. "I don't understand why are you quiet."

"There's nothing to understand."

I let out a sigh. Trying to communicate with him is one of the worst and most difficult things ever. I stay quiet for the next few minutes, staring blankly out the window until the car comes to a halt.

"Out." He says sternly, and I realize what exactly is the place that we've stopped at.

"You brought me to work?" a small smile graces my lips as I look at his side profile. "Thank you."

"If you say a word to anyone in there about the reason of your absence, I'm burning the fucking place down. Out."

I ignore his threats and slam the door shut after my exit. After he rejected the idea of me coming back here the last time, it's a surprise that he changed his mind, but I couldn't be happier about it.

"Raina." Jungkook calls from the open window and I stop on my tracks, turning around to face him.

"Don't even think about it." He warns, and I already know what's it about. He's already assuming that I'll be trying to escape. "I'm picking you up in a few hours," and with that, he speeds away with my gaze staying on his car disappearing into the distance.

With a smile replacing the frown on my lips, I step through the automatic double doors, and head up to the second floor. Switching my coat for the white medical gown, I then pick up my clipboard and begin to skim through my schedule.

"Raina?" a surprised voice resounds throughout my office, and I turn to face Evelyn as I put down the clipboard. "Where have you been? I was so worried when you didn't answer."

When my eyes fall on her, it's like a breath of fresh air after walking through the misty fog. Pulling her into a tight hug, I let out a harsh sigh while rubbing her back. "I had some things to take care of. I lost my phone, I'm so sorry."

"How did that happen?" She asks with concern before remembering something else. "You'll tell me about it, but before I forget; John told me he wants to see you if we get in contact," she says, looking at me with worry. "I don't think it's good news."