sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

I don't care if it hurts
I wanna have control

―⋆ ⭒⭒⭒ ⋆―

With a shaky breath, Zoelle stands up to face the angry Jungkook piercing his eyes at her skull. For a moment, a wash of fear greets me as well. He looks like a predator, slowly moving towards his vulnerable prey and an immediate thought catches my mind; I need to interfere.

"Is that right?" Jungkook begins, voice low and spine chilling as he takes slow steps towards her who's nearly shaking in fear. "It was you?"

"I didn't mean it, Jungkook, please—" She stammers out, moving backwards and desperately trying to talk him out of doing anything reckless. I'm forgotten on the side, cautious and vigilant, while I'm not even sure what would I do if he decided to strangle her.

Jungkook is slow with his movements, not giving a hint of what he thinks, but suddenly his hand is on a gun, pointed at Zoelle's head with black doe eyes mercilessly staring at her. That's when I know he's beyond furious. My eyes widen at his intentions, and Zoelle is already shutting her eyes close—knowing what's about to come.

"Jungkook!" I screech and jump from the bed—stepping in front of the other girl. "Don't do this." I deadpan, placing my hands in front of myself.

"Move."

"Jungkook—"

"I said move!" He shouts from the infuriating anger that builds inside of him, piercing glares to Zoelle who's crying and shaking behind me.

"You're not shooting her, Jungkook!"

His nostrils flare as he glances down at me. My heart's beating from the fear, but I don't back down.

"Listen to me. I'm okay and we'll leave it at that." I say, my hands shaking as I hold them up. "Put your gun down."

A breath leaves me as he listens and I see that the muscle in his jaw tightens. I'm in such relief that my hands tremble.

"Get out." He snaps, meaning it for Zoelle while still clenching the gun. "Get out!"

The girl doesn't waste another second before taking off out on the hall, sobs leaving her continuously.

"What are you doing?" I shake my head as the male turns his back on me. "You were pointing at your cousin, are you serious?"

"She should've known better than this."

"It still doesn't give you the right!"

That's exactly why I didn't tell him. But never did I think he'd pull a gun on her because of it.

Jungkook doesn't speak a word, breathing heavily while clenching his jaw. "We're leaving."

"No, we're not." My hands are quick to grip on his arm.

"You don't wanna do this right now." He seethes into my face, making me stare back in hatred.

"Where?" I ask, getting no reply as he storms out the door. "Jungkook, where?"

Shaking my head, I exhale harshly before taking my coat and quickly following.

|||

I've been at the hospital for the entire day, grateful that Evelyn didn't have the same shift as me and I managed to avoid her when she came in. I feel bad, but I know I can't fix it. The less she knows, the better it is.

"What are you doing?" A hushed voice calls out to me, and I whip my head towards the doorway, backing away from Jungkook's drawers.

"Shit," I flinch and cup my mouth, relieved when it's only Jimin. "You scared me."

"You're lucky it's me and not Jungkook. Let's go." He jerks his head towards the staircase.

"He sent you up there?" I ask when he's nearly pushing me to the hallway and closes the door behind.

"Yeah, dinner started ten minutes ago."

"Shit." I mumble, glancing at him.

Jimin suddenly stops, digging in his pocket before bringing up a key. "I got it before."

A smile lifts on my face.

"So we're still up for it?"

"Yeah, shh." He pulls me after him, and we quickly go to the table. I sit down next to Jungkook, joining in without looking around.

"It's nice that the whole family is here." Elise says, looking over her family members but then her eyes stop on me.

"With an addition." She glares.

I don't mind her attitude as I go back to my food again. I keep thinking about the plan later.

Jimin is the one who will go into the office, but as for me, I'll watch out for anyone possibly creating an issue and preventing it with my, oh-so-great-talkative-skills. I'm hoping no trouble will be going on, but it still bugs me that the house is full.