ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

This weekend I saw you through eyes that are new,
you got me falling for you

―⋆ ⭒⭒⭒ ⋆―

I definitely hate being home alone.

With a dizzy head and half open eyes, I grip on the railing as I go down the stairs as the obnoxious ring of my doorbell sounds again. I open it slowly, sighing as I see a familiar face.

"Heyy, I brought—" Jimin stands with a bag lifted in the air as he stands at my front door. "What happened to you?"

I give him a look and stand to the side and let him in.

"Why didn't you call me?" He says with worry written all over his face and quickly places all the things he brought atop the counter. He immediately puts water on the stove as I go lay on the couch, feeling like I'll die if I keep on holding myself on my feet.

"Go back to bed." He walks over to me and places a hand on my forehead. "Do you have a fever?"

"I have no energy to go back up there." I mutter with my eyes closed. "I feel like I'm gonna puke."

He sighs and tugs on my arm. "Come on. Sit up."

I groan as he pulls me up and wraps his arms around me. My head is pounding, but I let myself being carried up there, hoping to hit the pillow soon.

"How long have you been like this?" Jimin puts me down and walks somewhere. I hear water running for a bit before he comes back.

"I don't know... three days?"

"Fuck, babes. You should've called me." He says, pressing a damp cloth on my forehead. I flinch a little, but relax once I realize. "Tell me what hurts."

"My muscles." I say. "My head. My throat is sore and I can't breathe through my nose."

He hums, brushing my hair away from my cheek. "You need to change your shirt. It's all damp and cold."

As he goes to my closet to find another one, I reach under my pillow and pull out a tissue. I'm too lazy to keep them on my bedside table and reach over every time, so it's easier for me like this.

"Come on, let's do this fast." Jimin says, wanting me to sit up.

"Don't look at me." I say tiredly as he steps behind me to help me take it off. I feel very exposed since I have no bra underneath, but see no other choice as I'm too messed up to do it properly by myself.

"I'm not." He says and quickly puts the fresh shirt over my head. "I can do a lot of things with my eyes closed."

He makes the corner of my mouth tug upwards and I lay back down again. "I'm sure you can."

I hear his chuckles as he leaves the room. I doze off until he's back, waking me up with the shuffling around my night stand. I see him put down a cup before he throws some tissues and things I've left around in the trash.

"I made you tea." Jimin says. "It's not too hot, so drink it."

"Thanks." I sit up, leaned on the headboard and take a sip. "Don't tell anyone."

"I won't tell him." He pauses. "Only if he'll ask."

Jimin chuckles as I look at him with a grimace.

"Take this too. I turned your whole kitchen to find it." He pushes a cup with medicine to me and I take out the pill.

"Did you bring food?" I ask, referring to the bags he had once he walked in.

"Yeah. I thought we were going to have a nice little evening and watch something on the TV." He says. "But you're not hungry, are you?"

"Sorry." I chuckle. "What did you bring?"

"Dumplings." He says and my stomach churns. "A lot of dumplings. And spring rolls."

"Jimin." I whine, dropping my eyes close. "Why are you doing this to me?"

"How could I know you're sick?" He clicks his tongue. "Now I'm going to eat all of it by myself."

I gasp. "No."

"Oh, yes." He smiles mischievously.

"No." I feign crying as I slump back down into the pillow.

"I won't eat it in front of you, though. And I'll save you some for tomorrow. Maybe you'll feel better." He brings a hand to hover over me, fingers gently brushing my hair back.

"Okay." I hum.

"Now you get some rest. I'll be downstairs if you need anything."

"How long?"

"I'll stay the night."

"Okay." I say, feeling content. "Good night."

"Night, sweet cheeks."