ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ

Mama I'm in love with a criminal, and this type of love isn't rational it's physical

―⋆ ⭒⭒⭒ ⋆―

A large amount of guests has already filled up the living room, chatting away, while champagne and canapés are being served by the generous staff that would, in my opinion, rather be anywhere else but here.

Zoelle is the main star in her shiny red dress and a tiara in her midnight hair. She strides to the backyard that's beaming with fairy lights and small colorful lanterns. People greet her with best wishes from left to right, and her wide smile never falters.

"Raina." A voice calls out, making me turn around to see Jimin sitting on one of the bar stools placed on the backyard, waving me over.

"What?" I jerk my chin up while walking towards him, a small smile rising upon my lips.

"Drink some." He mutters into my ear, and even like this, I barely understand him because of the loud music. Taking the glass from his hands, we clink them together before chugging down the liquid.

"Wow." I chuckle, feeling the strong effect of it burning my throat instantly.

"Good, right?"

I nod, agreeing. "Yeah."

Then I look over at Zoelle. "She looks like she's having fun."

"Well, thank God," Jimin says, pointing up at the lights and decorations. "I wasn't putting all of that up for nothing." Laughter from us fills the air as we continue talking behind the bar, keeping away from everybody else.

"Wait, I'll be back in a minute." Jimin announces after a while and quickly disappears as I nod, taking another sip of my drink. I put it away for a moment and turn to look at Zoelle and Don dancing.

In the distance, I see Jungkook keeping an eye on me, but I look away again without minding it. A lot of people are here. More than I initially thought, and part of me is sure they're all mostly people that weren't even invited by Zoelle's choice.

I sigh and turn to grab my glass, noticing someone else deserted beside me. He's leaning on the counter and playing with the ice cubes that clink around as he moves the glass. I give the man a quick smile before turning back to see the dance floor, but suddenly, just before I want to empty the glass—it's pushed away from my hand and dropped down.

"Don't drink that." Jungkook's voice rumbles in my ear before he tackles the man to the ground. Everyone's attention reverses, and a shocking scene for many begins displaying as the two men fight on the ground.

"Jungkook!" I shout and jump off the bar stool. My steps are quick to near them and I feel helpless, trying to figure out a way to stop it.

Then it all happens in a matter of secons. I'm pulled back by someone else, and I don't panic because I have a feeling it's either Jimin or Jin, but then a cold knife presses to my neck and I freeze.

A few people gasp and Jungkook looks at me, the distraction making him falter as the man takes a chance and plunges a knife to his side. I scream, but I'm held back. I'm probably a second away from getting my artery cut and then bleed out to death but all this adrenaline has me not thinking straight.

I watch as Jin interferes, taking the situation with Jungkook under control once he overpowers the man that fought him. Jungkook stands up, hiding the pain away as he glares at the other man behind me. His hands are bloody and I'm scared that he's going to loose consciousness if he continues to act tough.

Suddenly, I hear a crack and the grip on me is released. I feel the man behind me falling to the ground. I slowly turn around, seeing Jimin with a bat in his hands.

"You okay?" He quickly rushes to me and I nod, quickly moving my eyes to Jungkook who looks like he's barely still conscious. Jimin and Jin forcefully bring him inside and I get a cloth to try and stop the bleeding.

"Stop moving." I demand and he leans back on the couch, head thrown back and his eyes trained on the ceiling. Jimin is beside me, giving me assistance as we clean up the wound and treat it.

"He's gonna be okay, right?"

"Yeah..." I say, focusing on stitching it up. "I would still bring him to the hospital, though. Just in case."

"No." Jimin shakes his head. "You're enough."

I don't try to argue and quickly put a gauze over the wound, trying my best to do it right with my shaky fingers. When I'm done, I go wash my hands in the sink and notice a body moving towards me. I turn my head to see Jin.

"Listen, Raina..." He begins with a charming smile displaying on his rosy lips as he stops beside me. I'm not sure why he's talking to me in the first place.

"Our business is a very dangerous thing." The way he starts a conversation makes me feel uneasy and I wordlessly stare at him. "I suggest you stay in your lane and make sure you don't get hurt. There are things out there that are too much to handle. Even for some of us."

"Why..?" I trail off. "Why are you telling me all of this?"

"Let me give you some advice." He offers a lipped smile. "Don't dig into stuff that don't concern you. Do that for your own sake." I watch him distance himself back outside.

My mind earches for answers until I realize. This must be about Celeste and the mystery man.

|||

I down my third glass of red wine as I sit in the kitchen, away from everybody else. I know the wine will get me drunk the fastest and right now, it's what I'm aiming for.

It's scary that someone tried to kill me again.

But, maybe, I shouldn't be so caught up about it since I've been around things like these for nearly two months now.

I didn't fail to notice the dirty looks from Elise as I walked from the scene, leaving everyone to calm down and continue celebrating.

I'm sure I'll get an earful at breakfast about 'ruining the party.'

"You okay?" Jimin walks in and I look up.

"Yeah. Wanna get drunk with me?" I raise a glass, my brows jumping up.

"Sure, why not." He comes closer. "I'm done playing the invested brother anyway."

"What do you mean?"

"Zoelle was introducing me to some of her friends. They didn't look like they came here for her." He tilts his head, looking at her through the window. "But I don't think she's ready for that conversation yet."

"So why do you think they're here for?"

"See that brunette?" He points. "She's been taking pictures of the decor ever since she got here. All the expensive stuff. I'll be surprised if she doesn't take anything. And the others...well, they're obviously here to hit on me."

I see his eyes getting smaller and I throw a kitchen rag his way, laughing along.

"You're an idiot."

"Come on, let's go upstairs."