ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

I take a break, I cut you off to keep myself from looking soft

―⋆ ⭒⭒⭒ ⋆―

"Where'd you go last night?" Jungkook comes behind me and I glance back, not granting him with an answer as I cross my arms. "It wasn't the hospital." He slowly walks closer, eyes trained on me. He stops in front of me, amusingly tilting his head before speaking again. "I can see the calls you give and receive."

"You know, I would tell you more things," I cross my arms, giving him a lipped smile. "Only if you weren't so controlling."

My body's pulled to the side, and suddenly Jungkook backs me up against the wall, brushing his thumb on the tip of his nose while taking a step back. "Don't play with me." He has me trapped as he's standing firmly, lessening my movements. "You think I don't know you've been lying to me for days straight?

"I have nothing to say to you." I keep my eyes on him.

"You know I'll make you talk. One way or another." He threatens.

"Let's make an agreement." I suggest, confusing him. I sit down on the couch as he sits at the edge of the bed. We're facing each other, elbows on the knees and a wicked smirk drawn on both our lips.

"Bring it on, doc."

"I don't trust you," I say, smiling sweetly. "That's why I want you to do something first, and I tell you a thing or two in return."

"What do you want?"

"I want my old phone back. So you can't check everything I do." I say, and he smirks, looking sideways. His tongue rolls at the edge of his mouth as he contemplants my idea.

"Alright."

"Right now," I say. His smirk holds amusement, and he walks over to the dresser, pulling it out and giving the phone back to me. Double drawer. Right.

"Now you give me something." He sits back down, expectant. "Where'd you go?"

"I followed your mother."

"Why?"

"I knew she was up to something. And I was right," I say. "She was with somebody."

"Who?"

"I'm not telling you more."

"Tell me who." He demands, tone raw and commanding.

"I won't." I deadpan. "Because the only thing you'll do is get the damn gun and take lives again."

I interrupt his words as I see him about to speak. "Do you really think that's a solution? Huh, Jungkook? Do you think you're not able to calm down and get to a better ending than shoot everyone that comes your way?"

"Listen, Raina"

"I won't listen." I interrupt, seeing the muscle in his jaw flex as he looks sideways. "What you're doing is wrong"