ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

I'm on a highway to hell

―⋆ ⭒⭒⭒ ⋆―

"Jungkook," I call as soon as he gets to the room, ignoring me completely. The entire day passed by in a blur, passing its dullness onto me until I had the chance of speaking to him about something that's been bugging my mind.

"Jungkook," I say again, standing up as he throws off his jacket, entering the bathroom.

"Can I go to work?" I follow him. Watching him expectantly, I catch his casual glance and he tugs on his shirt. "Can you drive me?"

Maintaining the eye contact, Jungkook gets rid of the material, revealing his toned abdomen without offering a decent answer and I'm left with the door closed into my face. A harsh breath leaves my lips and I turn to go sit on the bed. Bouncing my leg up and down, I wait until I finally hear the click of the door. I immediately stand up, seeing him dressed into yet another black outfit.

"Can I at least get my phone?"

I'm running out of patience upon his careless behavior. Jungkook's eyes stop on my face as he runs a hand through his hair. "No."

"Why are you doing this?" I spit, frustration edging on my tone. "You rob me of my life and think that's okay? What monster can you be to do that? Don't you have feelings?" I shake my head with disappointment latching on each word, but Jungkook doesn't speak at all, not even seeming like my words faze him in any way.

"Look, I need to go there so please, let me."

"You're not the only doctor." He speaks nonchalantly, putting on his jacket.

"It's not about that," I sigh out. "I have to do my job, I can't just leave it behind."

"You're not going anywhere." He tells me, narrowing his brows with an intimidating look in his eyes. "You understand that?" I feel helpless when he walks towards the door.

"Where are you going again?" I sigh, not getting a reply as he leaves me alone.

|||

A few days pass by, repeating like a constant loop and once again it's time for me to join the family at breakfast.

"Our beautiful bride is here." Celeste speaks up, bringing the attention of the whole family to me coming down the stairs. My navy blue blouse is neatly tucked into a pair of jeans with my long hair flowing over my shoulders.

"Good morning." I greet unenthustiastically, acknowledging everyone's presence before taking a seat on my usual spot.

"Where's your husband?" Asks Elise and turns to look at the me as I eat quietly, but the answer stays unknown until Don speaks up.

"He left early." He says in his deep, rich voice and stabs his fork in a piece of fruit on his plate. "He had some things to do."

"And when is he coming back?" Elise continues, her venomous green eyes full of curiosity, with hints of anger she's cultivating towards me.

"I think he's old enough that he doesn't have to tell us." The old man replies with a raised eyebrow that stops the woman from further questioning. "When he'll decide to come, he'll come. Isn't that so?"

No one says a word, not wanting to argue as they know he's right. "Maybe he'll take his wife somewhere. They haven't been alone since the wedding."

Silence falls over the tense air, and everyone, including me not bearable of the topic that was suddenly brought up.

Zoelle stands from the table and draws attention as she angrily runs up the stairs, all gathered staring at her as she disappeares into her room.

"Excuse me." Faye begins awkwardly, hurrying after her daughter.

"Zoelle? Is something wrong? What happened to you?" Faye asks concerned, closing the door behind her as she steps into the room.

"I can't take it anymore, mom." Zoelle cries, her face covered with her hands as she sits on the edge of her bed. "I can't watch him be married to another woman."

"Girl, he's your cousin!" Faye hisses at her. "Get your head straight!"

"I love him."

"Stop saying nonsense. I can't believe I raised such a lunatic." Faye sighs, her hand pressed to her forehead as she stressfully walks around the room.

"I'm going to Europe." Zoelle decides and stands up from the bed, immediately beginning to browse the closet. "I'll study in Prague, get an apartment."

"You're going to have to talk to Jungkook about this," Faye sends a look of disappointment.

"Why with him?"

"He's the head of the family," Faye deadpans. "He's ensuring that you have a roof over your head. You won't leave without his permission."

"I'm not his property." Zoelle spits out, agressively throwing her clothes into her suitcase.

"You are. He gives you food, you have everything you need. Don't be so ungrateful. He would give it all for his family."

"I can't believe it." Zoelle scoffs breathily. "You are supposed to be on my side. But I'm leaving mom. One way or another."

"You didn't have to snap a finger your whole life. Why do you even want to go?"

"Because I've had enough." Zoelle says angrily, shaking her head.

"What are you going to do there?"

"I'll try to forget about him."

Faye watches her daughter with disappointment, eyes raking over her face that's becoming strained with tears. "Why am I even trying to stop you? There's no use."

Zoelle immediately turns in anger. "Yeah., she scoffs, her bloodshot eyes glowing with sadness. "That's why I'm leaving. Less of a problem for you."