ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

I had to lose somebody to miss somebody

―⋆ ⭒⭒⭒ ⋆―

There's a knock on my door about two hours after I get home. I pause, the hairs on my arms standing tall and my breathing becoming deep. There's more knocks which send me into a slight panic before I peek out of the window, careful to not be seen. I observe for a moment, seeing a familiar car and I'm washed with relief that mixes with slight anger.

Jungkook is standing there, leaned on the door with eyes closed. I march towards it and swing it open on purpose, and he almost falls over, catching himself in the doorway the last second.

"Did you drive here?" I ask, seeing him squint at me from the light in my living room. A lazy smile spreads on his mouth and he tilts his head, chuckling to himself.

"Yeah."

"You were drinking."

"So what," he leans his head on the doorway.

"I'm calling Jimin. You're fucking wasted." I turn around and grab my phone that's on the table.

"Yeah?"

"Jimin," I say, feeling Jungkook come up behind me. "Jungkook's here. He's drunk out of his mind. I don't even know how he got here safe." Arms wrap around my middle and his lips attach to my neck, sucking lightly, but I ignore it completely. "Can you come get him? I don't want to have him in my house like that." Frustration mixes up in my gut, indescribable emotions swirling in the pit of my stomach.

"Yeah, give me ten minutes."

"Thank you." I hang up and turn around.

"Go sit down. You don't know what you're doing." I push his hands off, but he's quick to bring us back together, lips nearly brushing together in soft, gentle sways and the utmost desperation from his side kicks is in crashing waves.

"Jungkook," I warn, raising a brow, but he only sends me a grin. It makes me stare because I've never seen him smile like that. He hums then, dropping his head on my shoulder and swaying us left to right.

"What are you doing?" I whisper, trying to make him walk backwards into the living room, but I fail miserably.

"I wanna tell you something," he mumbles.

"What?"

Anticipation grows, but the small sparks of disappointment still linger in my head, quickly being vanished at his next words.

"I love you." he whispers and lifts his head to catch my lips, slowly pushing my body against the wall in slow, but rapid movements.

Finally, it's real. Full of passion and captive emotions. I'm shocked by the intensity, unable to resist the sudden skinship that blooms an army of butterflies inside my stomach, the confession leaving me breathless as he continues meshing his mouth with mine, pulling on my lower lip in need.

"Wait," I push at his chest, making him look at me again. "You're drunk."

He nods, in thought. "Well yeah."

"If only you were like this sober." I make him walk to the couch and push him down to sit. Jungkook reaches for me again and pulls me down with him, holding me to his body.

I watch him up close as his eyes slowly disappear under his eyelids. I'll never understand how he got here without ramming into a tree or rolling off the road, but I'm glad none of it happened. I don't even know why the hell would anybody let him out like this. He must've gone unseen.

Fifteen minutes pass, and I keep on sitting by Jungkook's side, dragging my thumb over his cheek. I just can't look away from him. He confessed his love, which I didn't expect. I know it's easier for him to say it when he's not being himself, but I still want to hear it when he's sober—when I know he's aware and means it. But despite it all, it makes me happy that he chose to tell me, even like this.

A knock sounds at my front door, and I hop to my feet to go and open it. "Hey."

"Sorry about that. I didn't see him leave," Jimin says, walking ahead. There's Jin right behind him, greeting me with a brief nod that I return. I watch them grab Jungkook and get him to his feet, waking him up in the process before dragging him outside.

"Thanks," I say, watching as Jin walks the drunken man to the car, then turn my head to Jimin. 

He lets out a small sigh while smiling to himself. "Try to understand him. He's acting like that for a reason."

"I'm trying to do exactly that for I don't know how long now. But does it help? No."

Jimin sighs, taking a seat beside me. "Do you know why he married you?"

"To blackmail my father."

"Yeah, but do you know the main reason?"

"Is there a main reason?" I shake my head.

"It was because of protection," Jimin says. "Keeping you close and have you be a part of the family made it off limits for Don to kill you. Even though he tried, I doubt he'd ever do it." I stare at Jimin for a moment, not really knowing what to say.

"I've been telling you we're not the bad guys here. You're not meant to be punished for the sins of your father."