ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Taste me.
Drink my soul.
Show me all the things that I shouldn't know.

―⋆ ⭒⭒⭒ ⋆―

Ever so slowly, I turn around to face the masked man, fear evident in my eyes as I take glances at the gun placed in his hand. My breathing is unsteady and so many thoughts are running through my head that I can't even speak.

"I asked you something." he growls lowly, and I flinch at the gun pressing harder against my temple. Why in the world would he want my ring?

The only thing visible to me are his piercing gray eyes that stare with anger and I can't help but feel dizzy from all the interrogation that hasn't even properly begun.

"There's... a jewelry box in my room." my voice is quiet, but the man immediately pulls me along, demanding I show him where I keep it. I point to the bedside table and he marches over, flipping the box and searching through my things.

"You can take it all," I say, my hands shaking as I keep my stare on him and the gun that's still pointed in my direction. I'm too scared to run. He would catch me in a second.

I flinch when he yells out a curse, furiously turning to me and pressing the gun against my forehead. "I said I want the ring! Where is it?!"

"I—I don't... I don't know." I stammer out, fearful and my voice is rigid as new tears roll down my already damp cheeks.

"Where the fuck is it? I swear I'll shoot your brains out if you don't speak." he threatens and I whimper, gripping on the edge of the desk.

This is it. That's where I die.

"I...lost it." I say. "I don't know—"

"Give me the damn ring. Now!" he demands obnoxiously with venom edging his menacing tone.

"I don't have it!" I raise back my voice in frustration, shaking and he presses the gun even harder against my skin. I made him even more pissed.

"You lying bitch—"

A loud bang suddenly pierces through my ears. I scream, covering my head with my arms as I flinch away and the man falls to the ground with a loud thud, unmoving. Blood is leaking from his head and I can't seem to take my eyes off of it, feeling my legs getting weak.

Tears spill from my eyes in waterfalls, mouth parted open as I cup it with my hand, breathing out a harsh breath. I slide to the floor, feeling my heartbeat everywhere.

Averting my eyes from the dead male, to my surprise, I see someone else. I realize it's the man from this morning that I collided with. He's holding a gun, not taking his eyes off the corpse. Even more questions bargain my mind, throwing them across without a place to settle.

"Get your bag." he speaks lowly, finally meeting my state and for a moment, I'm glued to my spot, trembling in fear.

He notices my hesitation and without a second thought, takes my wrist and drags me outside while grabbing my things from the table. Trying to pull away from his hold, I begin to sob and pry his hands away from me.

"Leave me alone! I'm not going with you!" I shout, scared to the bone and without thinking properly, my legs carry me away as fast as they can.

Don't look back. Don't look back. Don't look back.

I practically sprint, not thinking about directions and just trying to get away. I find myself close to the road I was running on this morning and my brain racks for escape routes but there aren't many.