ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ

My diamonds leave with you, you're never gonna hear my heart break

―⋆ ⭒⭒⭒ ⋆―

"Are you seriously going to let her leave?" Jimin argues, glancing at me as I'm walking away. "You still have a chance to fix things."

"I won't be selfish. It's better for her." Jungkook says lowly, his grip tight on the railing as he watches me go.

"You don't know that. Stop trying to control things. You didn't even ask yourself if that's what she wants."

Jungkook turns around to leave and Jimin follows him back inside, going straight for Don's office.

"From day one she wanted to get away."

"It's not the same and you know it." Jimin says, slamming the door shut. "Stop being stubborn."

"I don't care about her, Jimin." Jungkook breathes out, holding back his emotions as he leans on the table with his hands, head hanging low.

"I don't know who you're trying to lie to but I'm not stupid. No matter how many fucking times you say you don't care, you'll always have that empty feeling in you." Jimin shakes his head.

"Stop being a jerk for once and don't think it's shameful to show your real feelings." He runs a frustrated hand through his already messy locks, breathing out harshly.

"I don't want to love her for fuck's sake, I don't deserve it!" Jungkook slams his fists on the table, turning around in fury. "She's gonna get hurt, one way or another and I'm not about to fuck up her life even more than I already did."

"It's not on you to decide." Jimin says. "You're making a mistake." He storms back outside, leaving Jungkook and his stubborness behind.

"My nerves, I swear..." He furiously sweeps down the hall, running outside to the front and preventing me from sitting in the car.

"Don't leave, Raina, please. You love him."

"It doesn't matter if it's unrequited." I step back to the car and get in. "I'm tired of begging him to let me in."

Jimin gives me a look and I reach my hand out to him. 

"It's okay. We said we're still going to see each other." I squeeze his hand. "I know you mean well, but... it's suffocating me."

He lets out a breath and nods, stepping away from the car and watching me drive off. The tears I've been holding in for some time now finally spill out on the fresh and soak my cheeks.

It's hard leaving everything behind. I never thought I would feel anything but happiness if I'd ever come this far, but now that it happened, there's nothing but an empty place in my heart that soars inside my chest.

I don't find that joy in it anymore because it's replaced with something else - something that brought a thrill into my system and overdosed it with exhilaration.

No more of that is coming along and it makes me rip apart at every edge. The realization of having to start new is almost scary.

Feeling helpless on what to do at this point and tapping my fingers against the steering wheel, my lower lip gets trapped in between my teeth. I realize I chewed on it from the moment I sat in the car.

Parking the car on the driveway, I slowly make my way inside and quickly get rid of my jacket, draping the bag onto the floor before I round the corner into the kitchen.