39

Guests Arrival
>>>>———— ♥️ ————<<<<

Rituals meant getting lost in a sea of people, and getting lost in a sea of people meant drowning in sweat. There stood Siddharth, a walking waterfall, with his hands folded together, trying to look composed amidst the wedding week chaos.

As if the house wasn't already packed enough, Neha's relatives began pouring in on the very first day of the wedding week. Thankfully, Siddharth had picked up a bit of Malayalam, saving him from embarrassing situations. 

Siddharth opened his one eye and looks beside, Vasundhara is very concentrated with her eyes closed. Grabbing this as a chance, Siddharth slowly takes one step back only to receive a 'tap' on his back.

Yenga da porae?

Vasundhara asks, Siddharth nervously chuckles,

Illama, thani kudhika ponen

Adhellam ketta'le kondhu varuvanga, Chitti

Mummy!

Chitti appears behind them with a water bottle and hands it to Siddharth. Siddharth wishes there was poison in it so he can pour the entire liquid into Chitti's mouth.

He sulks grabbing the bottle. While he's drinking it,

Yenna mapla, thani kaatta paartha unna, thani kudika vechitainga polae

( Avaru alavuku Author'ku varadhunga😂😭 manichurunga. )

Siddharth glares at Muthu, who absconds.

Heaving a huge sigh, Siddharth looks up. Neha standing beside Joseph, unaware of what's happening around them in deep prayers.

He smiles, at least one of them is having a peaceful experience

He smiles, at least one of them is having a peaceful experience. But he is proven wrong when suddenly,

Doctor!

There's a voice, a voice she's used to having it ringing in her ears constantly. Neha frowns despite closed eyes,

Doctor! Yenga irukinga?!

Neha's eyes pop open like a startled owl, scanning all around, up and down to find out where is the calling coming from. Joseph, with a mischievous grin, points discreetly behind her. Neha does a quick neck-twist and spots Regina marching towards her like a determined soldier.

Sister!

Neha exclaims in astonishment, her jaw dropping as she gets enveloped in an unexpected bear hug. Abruptly realizing they were the center of attention, Neha and Regina retreat from the tight hug, sharing awkward chuckles as they stand side by side, folding their hands to continue with the prayers.