85

Back to life

>>>>———— ♥️ ————<<<<

Neha returned to her studies at the university, while Siddharth resumed his regular routine, including his training. However, he kept a secret from Neha: an upcoming race he had to go. Unsure of how to approach the topic with Neha, Siddharth found himself yearning for her opinion on whether he should go or not. He longed for her guidance in making the decision.

However, Siddharth wrestled with the dilemma of whether to broach the topic with Neha. He feared that asking her directly might pressure her into giving him the answer he wanted to hear, rather than her true feelings. Siddharth desired Neha's genuine consent, not a decision made out of obligation. He resolved to wait patiently for the right moment to discuss the matter with her, ensuring that she felt comfortable expressing her true opinions, even though he was still stressed about it.

Siddharth used to think he hit the jackpot with Neha being so understanding all the time. He loved how she never pestered him with questions about his actions, always trusting him implicitly. But then, he had a revelation. He realized that those moments when Neha let her guard down, when they playfully argued or disagreed, were the real gems in their relationship. Because through those moments of disagreement, he started to understand her better—her likes, and her dislikes.

Siddharth began to pick up on Neha's little quirks and preferences. He noticed that she didn't appreciate it when he arrived home late at night, or when he left his belongings strewn about the house. She also seemed bothered when he cursed loudly while gaming with his headphones on. In the past, Neha might have simply smiled and hidden her discomfort, perhaps by preparing his dinner, tidying up after him, or quietly leaving the room when he got too engrossed in a game. 

But the new Neha, the real Neha, would turn her head slowly towards him from whatever she was doing, casting a judgmental glance his way, much like the old witches in movies. Siddharth would take this as a cue to sheepishly smile at her before making amends. He found her silent disapproval strangely endearing, a gentle reminder to be more considerate of her feelings.

Has he always been this inconsiderate? Siddharth sometimes wonders. On the other hand, Neha was on a mission.

Yenama idhu?

Siddharth asked, plopping down on the couch with a bemused expression. His eyes drifted to Neha, who was hunched over her notes on the carpeted floor, engrossed in her work. He couldn't help but feel a mix of curiosity and confusion as he glanced at the graphs and peculiar symbols she was sketching onto her report. The sight of it all left him scratching his head, unsure of what exactly he was looking at. The words on the pages making his head spin with their complexity. Especially since it was a doctor's handwritings.

Neha let out a frustrated groan and hastily tucked her pencil into the messy bun atop her head, casting a disapproving glance at the scattered reports before her. The art of drawing had never been her forte; she often joked about being a terrible "artist." Yet, despite her struggles, she couldn't afford to give up. Perfection was necessary, lest her head feel like it might burst from the stress. To make matters worse, their lecturer insisted on hand-drawn diagrams only, forbidding any form of printing or typing.

Seeing Neha's tension, Siddharth grew concerned. He gingerly descended from the couch and settled beside her, his hands finding their place on her shoulders in a comforting gesture.

Yennachu? 

Varaiyiradha yaar kandhupudhicha?

Neha let out a frustrated whine as Siddharth peered down at the reference picture she was using to draw a heart. So it was a heart that he was supposed to be seeing, not a juice packet. Neha pouted and looked at him, 

Enaku indha varaiyiradhu mattum varave varaadhu

Adhan un handwriting'ah paarthale theriyudhae

She glared at him before she sighed heavily and slumped her shoulder, covering her face with her palms, 

Vidhu ma drawing'ah mukkiyum, notes dhane. 

Illa, andha lecturer'ku drawing'um mukiyum. 

Siddharth was lounging next to her, one leg stretched out while the other was bent at the knee and lifted to chest height. His elbow rested casually on the raised knee, and his other hand's palm was planted firmly on the floor for support. With a slight furrow of his brow, he cast a puzzled look at Neha,

Yen? 

Therila, ana inniki kuda seriya varaila'nu solli oru student'oda assignment'ah full'ah redo panna sollitaru. Sadist!

Siddharth chuckled seeing Neha scold someone, it's not a very common sight to see.

Na venumna varaiva?

Neha furrowed her eyes at Siddharth and genuinely asked,

Unaku varaiya varuma?

Oru alavuku, idha vidha konjam better'ah

Neha's glare intensified, and she lightly smacked the back of her hand against his chest, eliciting a chuckle from him. With a playful smile, Siddharth reached over and plucked the pencil from her bun before grabbing a piece of paper nearby.

Oru nimisham iru

Neha stopped Siddharth, causing him to frown in confusion. Suddenly, she reached out and grabbed his wrist, pressing her two fingers against his pulse. Siddharth's frown deepened as he looked at her with questioning eyes.

Excuse me?

Neha shushed him,

Sollunga doctor amma, na innum yevlo naal uyiroda iruppen?

As a response, Neha pressed her fingers onto his skin with such force that it really caused Siddharth pain. He stopped talking, fearing that her nails might poke his veins out.

Nee yen ivlo stress'ah irukae?

Siddharth's eyes widened, how did she know?

Na yenga stress'ah iruken? Na stress'ah lam onnu illaye!

Neha simply arched a brow before she began listing off how she came to her conclusion,

Number 1, you're not doing any heavy activities but un heartbeat romba vegama iruku. Number 2, nee nethu night full'ah thoongala, thoongadha naala kuda un heartbeat raise agalam, but thoongadha alavuku nee yenamo yosichitu irundhurukae. Number 3, un moonja paarthale theridhu, un mandha kula yedho odhudhu'nu. Ippo sollu nee yen stress'ah irukae?

She crossed her hands over chest as soon as she finished. Siddharth's mouth hung open in awe. It seemed she could diagnose him with just a touch. He sometimes forgot just how renowned she was in her field, among her patients, for her expertise. In just a few moments, she seemed to have dissected his entire being, both physically and emotionally.

En moonja paartha na en stress ah irukken'nu unaku theridha?

Siddharth decided to test the limits of Neha's intuition before revealing anything. Neha studied his face for a moment before shrugging her shoulders with a pout, 

Illa

Siddharth sighed in relief, before he lied, 

Adhu onnu illa, track'la en bike'uh rendu moonu thadava start panlae, adhan yoschitu irundhen

Unna madhiri adhuvum palasacho yennavo

Siddharth deadpanned as Neha casually said so and pretended to be focusing on her report. However, soon a smile spread across his face as he silently made a promise to himself. Even if it meant risking his entire career that he had worked so hard to build, he would do whatever it takes to keep Neha unguarded and herself. He cherished her disagreements, her arguments, and he knew that he would do anything in a heartbeat if she ever asked.

And in that moment, Siddharth knew why he felt so strongly about protecting her unguarded self— he loved her.

>>>>———— ♥️ ————<<<<

the fact that I have the next 5 chapters typed and almost finished to published...... 😶‍🌫️