Night cries (wed)

It was 7 Pm, and I finally got to Devens. I took a uber because I wanted to collect my thoughts before I saw Deven again. When I open the door there's candles on the floor leading the way for me. I laugh and take off my shoes and jacket. I follow to path through the living room and to the kitchen table, I exhale happily when I see Deven waiting with a bouquet in hand, and a candle lit dinner. I walk over carefully and plant a peck to his lips, taking the flowers in my hands.

"What's this for?" I ask, grinning.

"Well, today was hard for you and I wanted to give you something to be happy about. I wanted to do this for you since we started dating officially, but I just didn't know when. I felt like tonight would be the right answer."

I sigh happily and lean into his figure. His hands wrap around my waist and he plants a kiss on the top of my head.

"Today was hard, but I also feel like a weight was lifted from my concoince. Like, some things i needed to know were answered."

"What were those answers?"

I hum into his chest, then look up at him and kiss his lips. "I need you in my life. I love you."

He smiled and pulled my head to his chest in a tighter hug. I laugh but I bask in the moment of peace, and pure bliss. My mother was right, he's the one.

"Ya know, my mom really likes you," I tell him, he hums telling me to continue. "She wants to know when the wedding is."

He laughs, his voice booming in his chest. I laugh as well due to the vibration of his laugh.

"What'd you tell her?" He asked after the laughter died down, he pulls back and kissed my forehead.

"That's a secret," I whisper to him, gaining a pinch on my side. I laugh and bat his hand away. "You'll find out one day."

"Oh will I," his pinched my side again.

I pinch his back, "yeah, you will."

We laugh, kiss, and he guides me to a chair. We share dinner and talk. He talks about his day with May, saying she was spending the night at her aunts so we could have our date. May helped him pick the bouquet for me, which I could tell thanks to the colors. I talked about how Ben defended me, and he wasn't as bad as I thought he was at first. I talked about everything but my mom and I's wedding talk. When we were done with dinner, we took one candle and blew out the rest, then stepped outside and went to the garden which now had fairy lights strung above it in a zigzag. We sat on the bench, with a blanket already ready for us and watched the stars. It was a comfortable silence, the sounds of the crickets and wind flowing through the trees and flowers. It reminded me of my talk with my mom.

"Hey Denny," I mumbled, leaning into his side more. He fixes the blanket around me and pulls me to be pressed against him. "I love you."

He looked down at me, and I looked up at him. The light shining in his eyes, the calm breeze gently sweeping his hair, the emotions of the day, it all led me to that one moment of realization. Everything in life would be okay as long as he was with me. I was head over heels in love with him, in such a short amount of time. I forget who leaned in first, or who pulled who in more, or who lead who inside, but I do remember crying. I remember him stopping, thinking he did wrong, and me crying more because I knew he loved me back just as much. I remember telling him I loved him all night long, and I remember him telling me he loved me just as much, maybe even more. I remember laying with each other, limbs tangled, holding each other until I feel asleep first. I remember waking up at 5am to see him sleeping in front of me, and I remember the feeling of bubbles in my chest. I remember curling into him, and falling asleep smiling.