Past (sat)

"Max!" Maiya opens the door. She throws her self against my waist, squeezing me in a hug.

"Hi Maiya," I say and hug the girl back.

"May," she corrects me and I nod.

"Okay, hello May."

"Good," she breaks the hug and pulls me inside.

"Are you bugging Max, May?" Deven walks over.

"No, she's not, Denny," he rolls his eyes as a smile finds its way to his lips. "I missed her free spirit."

"Did you miss seeing me too?" He teases and pushes out his bottom lip.

"Not at all, just her," I say sarcastically. "Of course I did, that's out of the question, but I saw you whenever you came to the coffee shop when I was on shift. So, I didn't miss you. Plus, I saw you earlier today."

"Thanks for V.B.!" She grins and I nod.

"Of course."

She hums, then goes to the couch.

"Thanks again."

I turn to him and smile, "Any time, I love being here."

"You have huge bags under your eyes, you have to take care of your health better," He frowns, then rubs his thumbs under my eyes.

"Hey, I'm fine," I grab his hands and lower them. "Okay? I'm just a little tired, it's nothing too bad. They will be gone by tomorrow, you don't need to worry about my health."

"Sorry, I realized I-"

"Crossed a line?" I ask, knowing he was going to say that. He nods slowly. "No, you didn't, I promise. I appreciate it. I haven't had someone care about my health ever since I moved out to finally get away from my messed-up family situation. It's been years, so thank you."

"Years?"

"I moved out when I was 19. My father passed, and a month after, my mother fully moved on. Got married to another man right away, I know she was having an affair with him before my dad passed. Gained 2 extra snob siblings, along with my other siblings, I was stuck in the middle of all the chaos. I needed out, so when I had the opportunity to leave I did. Moved in with Ronny, ended up here and now," I shrug. "It's not all too bad now."

"What about the ex thing?"

I hum, then clear my through, turning away. "Umm, we were together for 6 years. She was the first person I moved in with. I worked a lot, but one day I came home early. I found her banging her ex in our bed... it didn't go too well."

"I'm sorry, I know how that feels though."

"Tess mentioned an ex, but I didn't pry..."

"It's not only that my sister doesn't like red, but she does also find it creepy. And  it's that the same streaks you had in your hair were like my ex. I've never been into people who do a bunch to their body, as I've mentioned before, but I was okay with her doing it because I loved her. I found that she was sleeping with a bunch of men on the side, mainly using us for sex and her wants. Haven't gotten in another relationship since, it's been about 7 months since then."

"Dang, she sounds horrible."

"Oh, she was. Back then I just didn't know what to expect out of the relationship, but I did actually love her, so I went along with whatever she said or did," he shrugs. I place my hand on his shoulder, he looks over confused.

"You're still hurting from it, I know that face. Acting like it didn't damage you... how long were you together?"

"2 years."

"See, I knew it. Of course, that stuff hurts, it was important to you. Don't act like it wasn't. Men are allowed to have feelings and show them, it doesn't make us weak," I set it straight, he looks at me kinda shocked.

"Before my dad left us, after our mother already left, he would say I was weak because I cried over our mom leaving us for her new family. I decided, after all of that, I wouldn't cry or show emotions other than happiness, anger, and my stupid "poker face" again; I was afraid I'd be called weak. I think I needed to hear that," He smiles sadly.

"Having emotions is a normal human thing, If you don't haven't show emotions, you're an alien," I say and he laughs.

"Did you just call me an alien?"

"Yes."

"Because I'm out of this world?" He smirks, playfully.

"Yes," I smirk back, joking around, then leave to his sister.

He stands dumbfounded, but shakes it off and walks to us again.

"You better be leaving here soon, almost 6:50."

"Shi-oot. I gotta go," he's about to curse, then he sees his sister and stops himself. He leans down and kisses her cheek, "Sorry May, I gotta go." He turns to me and smiles at me. "Thanks again, I'll cya guys later."

"Bye-bye," she waves sadly. I pat her head, then wave with her.

He jogs over to the door, grabbing his keys, yelling bye one more time, then steps out.

I smile and laugh, keeping my eyes on the door. She stares at me, intensely, then grins wildly. I give her a confused look, but she just laughs, making me nervous.

"Yes." She mumbles to herself, then stands up.

"Yes, what?"

"Nothing," she giggles to herself. "Fallen angel," She pulls out her phone, then connects it to the tv. I watch the tv as she goes to her music then plays a song of mine. The volume was low, but the music still played clearly from the tv. She went around the room, closed her eye, and felt the flowers. I watched in amazement. "Max, Fallen Angel," She says to herself, probably putting two and two together.

"Does your brother or you have a guitar?" I ask when the songs are over. She pauses it then motions me over.

I walk over, and she brings me upstairs to his room. She puts me at the door, then opens the door of his walk-in closet. She walks in, to the very back, and pulls out a dusty guitar. She hands it to me, then we walk back to the family room. She turns off the music from the Tv, watching as I tuned it. She got annoyed by the noise and got kinda upset. I stopped, Alex jumped up in front of her and lays his head on her lap, she calms down a little. I tell her to stay as I go and tune the guitar in the other room.