Surreal (fri)

May answers the door and I'm brought into a hug at the waist from her. I move her back and pick her up. I kiss her forehead, gaining a laugh. Deven comes over, shuts the door, and takes may out of my arms. Once she's standing he pulls me into a kiss.

We break, and I hug him. "Miss me?"

He laughs, may wrap her arms around both of us, we place our hands on her back, our hands overlapping each other.

"Autism charities, huh?"

"Definitely."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

--

Devens holding me in his arms, may is on my other side, making me the one in the middle. Alex is on the rug at the bottom of the couch. May said it was okay to watch a movie with words in it, I know she's trying to understand more. Keeping it a PG theme, we went with Frozen. The songs were something she loved. When a song would come on, I'd grab her hand and sway it to the beat of the song as I hummed with it. She loved it.

Yes, I knew all the songs. No judging me, but I'm a sucker for Disney. Ronny puts up with it, but I think he's secretly into it. I can't tell if Devens is okay with Disney or not, but if he's not I love that he still watches because of May, and he doesn't complain.

May almost started crying when Elsa froze, but I told her "it's okay, she's not frozen. Just watch, it's magical," and she didn't talk until Elsa unfroze. It was the cutest thing ever, seeing how she was connecting to it, into it enough to cry.

We watched the second. Or, we started too, she fell asleep. But, Deven kept it rolling for me, making me wonder if he knew I liked Disney, or if he liked it too. I didn't question, we just turned it down and kept watching.

Deven would make small comments as the film when on, I would reply quietly to not wake her. It was nice, I forgot all my troubles, all my stresses, I was at peace. At peace with May sleeping at my side, at peace with Deven holding me, at peace as the TV played. Though, I didn't watch the movie much. To busy thinking about how wonderful this moment was.

It ended, so while Deven brought May up to her bedroom, I went to his room and crashed into the sheets. After all, he did tell me to sleep in there, and I'm not going to complain. Only the Lord knows how much I actually love to be held by him and wake up with him next to me.

He falls into the bed next to me, rolling over and pulling me in. I'm the little spoon, how it has been, how it will continue to be.

"How was it being life?"

"Oh god, it was so weird. Having all those people join in so fast, scared me honestly. I was so anxious. I was like the race car driver who said "what do I do with my hands"," he laughs, I smile and sink into him. "Yeah. But, the text helped me feel better. You guys say through the whole thing?"

"Hell yeah. Why wouldn't we?"

"It was long, you already know me, you've heard me before,"

"And we support you fully, so every video you put up, and ever live you have, we will watch. Though, what surprised me is you announcing me as your boyfriend?"

"Didn't like it?"

"Wrong," he kisses my neck lightly. "It was amazing, hearing you call me your boyfriend. Felt so surreal, this feels surreal."

"Why's that?" I place my hands on him that are at my waist.

"At first, when we first woke up in your bed, we didn't like each other. We didn't even know each other's names. I had a feeling that we would always hate each other."

"So did I at first, but I'm glad I wanted to change that."

"Why did you?"

"I don't know, I could've felt bad or something. I just did, felt like getting on the right track. I have too many people that don't like me, I guess I didn't want more."

"I'm glad. Glad I could move on and get you while I could," he chuckled.

"While you could?"

"Yeah. Move on, and grab you before I lost you. Though, seeing as how Tess kept wanting our groups to get together, we would've seen each other more. Worried for nothing."

"You were worried you wouldn't get another chance to see me?"

"You are a college student, I stopped education when I had a chance. You go out, I stay in when I'm not at work. There was no chance we'd see each other again."

"Just be glad it didn't play out like that."

"Trust me, I'm very happy it didn't play out like that. I'm very glad to have you here."

I turn over.

"Thank you,"  he looks confused and moves his hands. I intertwine our fingers. "You're not the only one who has gotten something out of this. You know I was an addict, I was an alcoholic. I was also a smoker, and I even threw in some drugs sometimes. I was seriously broken." He stays quiet, knowing there's more to it.  "I- I can't get fully into that right now. But I want you to know I'm grateful you're here. Helping me get back into music, when I gave up on even that. I gave up on a lot of things, but if you can give me enough life to get into music, I wonder what'll happen when we keep on going?"

He smiles. "I guess we'll figure that out, won't we?"

"I guess so."