Hating everything(mon)

I want to be with Ronny at home, just chilling, or be with Deven doing whatever, but instead, I'm in class with people staring at me. Tess and Ronny sat at both my sides, just so others wouldn't have a chance to bother me. But, they can't help me in my next class that's across campus and without them.

I'll have to endure it, even though I can't stand it.

Denny: "How's class going?"

"It's okay. There's a lot of stares but Ronny and Tess have been saving me. How's work, not too stressed?"

Denny: "works okay, never been much of a problem. I feel when it gets out that your dating me then this will get stressful."

"I bet, I wish it wouldn't though."

Denny: "We'll get through this together, I'm not leaving your side."

"I love you so much."

"I love you just as much. Breaks done, I have to go but keep me updated. You should stop by the restaurant for lunch, or here's an even better idea, I can cook for us tonight."

"Options one and two sound good, I'll do both if I can. I love you, I'll keep you updated. ❤️"

"Looking forward to it ❤️"

Maybe today won't be as bad.

I think I spoke too soon.

"Hi, you're fallen angel right?" A guy sits next to me, he's probably my age but looks about 19.

"Max," I correct with a small smile.

"Sorry, Max it is."

He turns his body towards the front, but I'd see his eyes latch onto me still.

"Can I help you with something..." I trail off waiting for him to state his name.

"Alex," he perks up, turning him and his chair to face me. "My name Alex."

"Alright, Alex, can I help you with something?"

He grins, wonder filling his brown eyes.

"Can I ask you something? Feel free to ignore me or tell me to fuck off if you wish. But-"

My phone rings, stopping whatever he was going to say next. Thank the lord. But the caller is what frightens me.

"Yeah, umm, hold that thought, I have to take this."

I stand and jog toward the exit, I answer the call as I open the door.

"Jackson?" I ask as I stop.

"Mom, shes- I don't fucking know what happened, but she's in the hospital."

"Oh my god, for real? Jesus, what hospital?"

"Lakeman's, can you make it?"

"Yeah, give me 15 minutes. It'll be okay." I hang up and run back in.

I might not have a good relationship with my mom, but she's still my mom and I still do love her a little. He sounded panicked, so it must be something important. I'll ignore the neglect and hate I've gotten from her for now, because I need to know if she's okay.

"Is everything alright?" The kid Alex asks.

"Yup, sorry I gotta go. We'll talk some other time."

I pick up my bag, shoving my laptop and folder inside, sling it around my neck, then run out. Out of the lecture, the building, into my car, and I'm already on the highway. I don't realize I'm moving till I'm already on the highway. Maybe I'm more worried than I thought.