Baked goods (sat)

"Alright, cya. Remember, no sex on the couch," I point at Ashly and Ronny on the couch.

"Yup, got it, never again. We know."

"Thank you," I open the door.

"Same goes for you, he's got a little sister in that house," Ronny copies my precious motion.

"Fuck off, I'd never do that. Plus, it's way too early, and I'm not sure he's even gonna be there till I'm passed out."

"Whatever you say. Adios!" He swats at the air, telling me to go.

"Bye Max!"

I roll my eyes than walk out. "Dick," I mumble under my breathe heading to the elevator.

"Maximilian, hello dear! I haven't seen you lately," Shelly Cafferty, the old lady who lives across from me with her grandson, notices me while she waits for the elevator to reach our floor.

"Hi, Mrs.Cafferty. Yeah, I've not been around a lot recently, work and college is a time consumer."

"Are you heading off to work now?"

"Umm, no ma'am. I'm on my way to a friend's house to watch his little sister for the night. She can't be by herself, and he is working tonight, so I offered to help him out."

"That's sweet, how old is she?"

We enter the elevator once it finally opens up the doors. "She is 15, but she has autism so her mental age is kinda a lot lower. That's why I'm going over, to watch her."

"Oh, I understand now. My heart reaches out for them, it must be hard."

"It can be, but I'm glad he asked for my help. They don't get help from their parents, so help is a thing they don't get a lot."

She hums, then crosses an arm over her chest, rested her other arm on that one. She puts her pointer finger on her chin, humming a little more. When we reach the second floor, she points at me with a big grin.

"Does she like sweets?"

"Yes, she likes sweets."

"Perfect! I was baking cupcakes for my grandson's class, and we have a lot of extras. I would love it if she could have some, you too of course. Is she allergic to anything?"

"She is allergic to nuts and honey?"

"Great, does she like chocolate or vanilla?"

"I know she likes vanilla, I'm not so sure about chocolate, I can ask her tonight?"

"Yay," she claps her hands her amazing grin that can lift anyone's mood. "I hope she'll like them."

"I think she will. But, of course, I'm going to make sure her older brother is okay with it first. He's very protective over her."

"Of course, I already expected it," The doors open, she and I step out. "I'm actually on the way to the store to get some more baking supplies. Tonight I'm making peanut butter cookies, and sugar cookies."

"That sounds really good Mrs.Cafferty, I wish you luck with your baking."

"And you make sure to tell me what her and her brother say, don't forget."

"Of course, I wouldn't dare forget about something like that. Thank you for the offer," I hug her gently, grinning. I break the hug and pull out my keys. "I will see you tomorrow Mrs.Cafferty, good night."

"Farewell Maximilian."

-------

"Who is it?" I hear May making me smile on the other side of the door.