Shopping and classes (Sun)

I went to work once, and everyone on shift was excited to see me. I'm assuming Tess told them not to ask because no one asked what happened and where I went. It was nice to be back and go through my routine. Deven and May even stopped by with Alex, I made their regulars and gave Alex a personal pup cup with a threat in it. I stayed with them while I took a break, Deven simply looked at me like I was the most marvelous thing on earth, a state that was intimidating but also very affectionate. I wondered if I would even love him as much as he loved me. Then I remembered my talk with my mother, and I knew I already did love him the same. I kissed Deven goodbye, kissed May's forehead, and pat Alex softly, then left to go back behind the bar. They waved to Tess as they left, and Tess gave me a knowing nudge. I pushed her off with a smile and got back to work after washing my hands.

I went to one class too on Friday, one of the classes I was very much failing. Ronny was with me to shield me from fellow students who recognized me from my music account. I tried my best to smile and wave, but I was already very drained. I knew there was a possibility I would be recognized, but I didn't expect to be recognized by so many. It got overwhelming and even frightening. I didn't consider that people who listened to me would also go to my school. Upon releasing the new song about my mother's death, and the absences I faced, I was getting lots of sympathy. Sympathy from nameless faces that took me by surprise and made me sick to my stomach. I considered being a jerk and telling them to freaking leave me alone already, but I knew that that was wrong. So I dealt with it. 

Ronny, the girls, and I went to lunch, and I realized I missed a lot of mourning for my mother. Thanksgiving had already passed, and there were only 4 days until Christmas. I was now upset at myself, very incredibly pissed at myself. I told the group I was going to be Christmas shopping after classes and to leave me alone so I could focus on finding things they liked. They agreed, and I pushed through the rest of the class with the thoughts of getting gifts for my friends. 

Ronny was always easy to shop for, he loves to work out and he loves protein drinks, so every year I'd find a new protein drink, expensive and nice, and tasty and sweet because he loved sweets, and he'd love me. May would be easy, I was going to get her a makeup kit and a bunch of fake flowers we could put up all over her room, I know she'd love it! The girls would also be easy, I knew their favorites, favorite foods, colors, places to go, favorite makeup, and clothes, they would be a piece of cake. I had so many ideas for Deven. I wanted to make him a CD with me singing the song we created, telling him how much I loved him and was thankful for him. I wanted to take him to a fancy resort where we could just get away from life for a while, maybe take us to a spa and spend a romantic night out at dinner and end up in a fancy hotel with a pool, making love all night long.

After classes ended I went straight to Sephora, picked up a basket, and started my way around. I was going to shop for the girls first.  I didn't know their exact skin shade, so I got gift cards for that. I got their favorite eyeshadow pallets, I knew this because I spent way too much time with them. I got Tess's favorite lipstick, it was expensive and she never wanted to spend money on it so she'd always got something cheaper but in a similar shade. I got Ashley her favorite eyeliner and lashes, and some new black lipstick as she was always out. I checked out for them first, organizing the products and checking them out separately. Tessas went first, I put money on the gift card and wrote "I Love you Tess" on top. We put Tess in a bag. Then checked out Ashlys, and I won't the same message on Ashlys. I thanked the lady then went back around the store to find stuff for May. 

May wasn't bad at makeup, but she was rather clumsy with it and didn't use any of the dark colors. I got her bright eyeshadow pallets, and bright blush (which she always laughed at when she put on), and lip glosses and she didn't like the way lipstick felt on her. All of them had bright and pretty designs, so I knew she would like them. I also got her a bright yellow makeup bag. At checkout, I had the same lady. 

"I have a rather odd question," I started as she was checking out the items. She gave a nod and looked up at me with a hum of acknowledgment. "My boyfriend has a little sister and I want to get her makeup professionally done here, then take them out to a nice dinner. But she's autistic, and I want to know if you guys can make some adjustments to assist her. I can pay more if needed."

The lady grinned. "Yeah, we can do that. We do all types of people. How old is she?"

"She's a teenager, but she has a mental disorder where she stopped mentally developing at a certain age, so she's still mentally a child."

The woman nods, "I understand. Does she have issues with being touched?"

"Yes. She doesn't like to be touched unless well acquainted with the person, or if her brother and I are well acquainted with a person. She has a service dog which helps keep her calm though."

"Well, you can make an appointment for a personal shopper, it's free so don't worry. You can just do it through the app. We can find her products and then help her apply them after the shopping is done. Or, when booking a full face appointment you can request on the day of the request to be seen by someone with autism so that she might be more comfortable, and you can also request as they are doing her makeup, to not directly touch skin to skin, stuff like that. I'd love to help honestly," She grinned while putting all of the products in the bag.

"That sounds wonderful. I'll get back to you about that, can I have your name please, you've been a big help," I grabbed my wallet.

"I'm Ella."

"Thank you for your help, Ella," I put my card in the reader and left a tip of $5. "I'll be back, thank you again."

"Of course, have a nice day," She grinned and handed me my receipt. All that girl knew how to do was grin.

I stepped out of the store and into the mall, already starting to walk around for Ronny and find a craft store for May's second gift.