We need to talk (sun)

"So you're going over there today to talk about it?"

"Yeah, I need to. Ya know, I feel like he'll ignore me again if I ask to come over."

"So how are ya gonna talk about it?"

"Well, I'm just gonna ask."

"Are you sure that's a good idea," Ashly grabs my hand? "We don't want you or him to get hurt by this."

"I've hurt him enough, and I need to figure out what I did to him. I need him to tell me so that I can fix what I broke."

"And what about you liking him? What ya gonna do about that?"

"After I fix my mistakes, then maybe I can tell him. If he feels the same way, we might be able to work off of that, but if he doesn't then..."

She hugs me, I accept the hug.

"I think it will be okay," Tess puts her hand on my shoulder. "I think he likes you too."

"How do you know?"

"Babe, I thought it was obvious. He's protective, he calls you Angel in a tone anyone would swoon for, he's always smiling around you, and you mentioned that Maiya drew a halo above her head when you asked what was wrong with Deven, it means he was thinking about you and that's why he looks so tired and 'alone'. He's thinking about you because he likes you."

"Tess, that could mean seriously anything."

"I know him, I know you do too, but I know him."

"So I should just trust your word that he will return my feelings?"

"Yes!"

"Shh, I still have a headache," Ashly throws a pillow at Tessa

"Whose fault is that for drinking too much last night?"

"Speaking of, Max, you didn't have a drop last night..."

"So? drinking has caused me too many problems, I'm trying not to get back into it. Y'all can still have fun and drink whenever you want, just don't invite me into it. Once the drinking starts again, then it's the rest of the train after. The smoking and getting high every night, I don't want that again."

"I know, I'm proud of you," Tess hugs me, then Ashly joins in.

"Girlfriend stealer."

Ashly and I flip him off together, we all laugh.

I don't have the greatest feeling about tonight, maybe I shouldn't do it tonight... No, I'm going to do it tonight.

-------

"2 large amaziconos, make 1 hot and the other cold, with an extra shot of expresso in each, and 1 small V.B. with extra whip and a cherry," I say to Blake.

"Got a hot date tonight?"

"Nope, just talking to someone," I smile and take out my card.

"Alright man, whos the chick?"

"You mean guy."

"Alright, whos the gu- Deven?"

"Yup," I swipe my card. "But it's not a date, we seriously are just going to talk. I messed up big time, and I need to fix it. The V.B. Is for his sister."

"Good luck, Max."

"Thanks, I'll cya later," I put my card in my wallet, then stuff it in my back pocket. I go and wait at the table, thinking about how this is going to go.

I pull out my phone and go to messages. I find "Denny" then look at the messages the past week.

Sunday