Lunch (tues)

"May," Deven calls to her. "Lunch is ready. Take a break from that, your brain is probably frying itself."

She sticks her tongue out at him but comes over smiling with an earbud in.

"What are you listening to?" I ask as she sits next to me.

"Fallen Angel," She grins and picks the phone out of her jacket pocket, placing it out on the counter. "We're Okay. Guitar music."

"The instrumental? Do you ever listen to the lyrics?"

"The music."

"The lyrics are too much for her, just the instrumental is best for her until she advances more." He explains and I nod understanding.

"That's a good one to listen to for the instrumental. What's your favorite?"

She grabs the phone, swiping the screen to open it then goes to her music. She presses on one, "Paradise music".

"You like Paradise?" I ask in shock. It's a fast tempo, while We're Okay is a slow tempo.

"She doesn't listen to a bunch of fast songs of yours, but this is her favorite. She'll play it for hours straight sometimes, even fall asleep listening to it," he says and I smile down at her. She nods, as he sets a plate in front of both of us.

"Thanks, Denny," she smiles and grabs her fork.

"Denny?" I tease with a smirk, he smiles and rolls his eyes.

"She came up with that nickname because of the breakfast dinner."

"It's cute, really suits you," I push down a laugh and he flicks my forehead, still showing his straight white teeth. "Alright, I won't make fun of you anymore."

"Thank you." He leans against the bar, still in the kitchen. "Tell me how it tastes. I'm trying different recipes, so I'll take any comments I get," he leans his head down to look at me and his sister.

"Good Denny, good," his sister grins and I take a bite.

"She's not wrong, it is good. Though, maybe a little less garlic, could use a little salt to top it off."

"Noted. Anything else?"

I take another bite, then shake my head. "Nope, this is amazing."

"Thank you, glad you like it. I'll have to have the tasters test it out at the restaurant then."

"Yes, yes restaurant," His sister nods her head agreeing.

"I wouldn't mind coming over more if you keep cooking."

"I'm good at breakfast food,"

"Yes, breakfast foods," His sister cut in. "His pancakes," She looks at him with stars in her eyes.

"One day I'll have to try them," I look at him with a questioning look.

"Definitely."

"Yay!" She yells and stands up. She hugs my side, then goes to her brother, pulling him down to whisper something in his ear.

He looks shocked at what she says, but she just smiles. "Go sit down and eat," he turns away and lays his head on the kitchen island.

She sits back down and picks at her food. I give her the same questioning look, she grins and shakes her head.

"You good, Deven?"

"Yup, just fine," He sighs and stands up straight. He places his hand on his hip, then runs a hand through his hair with a sigh, he turns back over to us. He gives his sister a look I can't read, she just giggles.